Bay Area meets coming up?
Nov 27, 2003 at 3:07 AM Post #181 of 214
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
Ummm, take out.... I would love to cook but am not going to have the time before this meet. Count me on on the takout though!

Ditto

Nov 27, 2003 at 3:16 AM Post #182 of 214
If you all want to do takeout that's fine with me too! There's great Mexican, Japanese, or Chinese as nately mentioned; all within a 3.5 mile radius, but nothing decent less than 3.5m. There's a truckstop across the street, but they only serve road kill.
Should we wait and see that day ?

eighteen_psi:
I'll probably snap a few too!

Nov 27, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #183 of 214
Quote:

Originally posted by nately
I wouldn't mind checking out some TAS (which I've actually never read before).

I'll have the whole lot. Free for anyone to grab, read, and pass on.

I believe I'm the guy that Mikhail mentioned with the new MPX3. I'll be sure to bring it - it's buring in right now. Haven't checked out the VT-231s yet though.

Nov 27, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #184 of 214
Quote:

Originally posted by bobjew
If you all want to do takeout that's fine with me too! There's great Mexican, Japanese, or Chinese as nately mentioned; all within a 3.5 mile radius, but nothing decent less than 3.5m. There's a truckstop across the street, but they only serve road kill.
Should we wait and see that day ?

Would work for me as well, I won't be in town Friday or Sat, so cooking something would be kinda difficult, but I'd gladly throw in for some take-out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2003 at 9:02 AM Post #185 of 214
I don't plan to eat while I'm there. My schedule has me eating before and after, so I'm covered.

I'm breaking in the Airhead prototype. Maybe have 75 hours on it by the time of the meet. Sounds pretty good to start with.

Nov 27, 2003 at 10:18 PM Post #186 of 214
Kinda sucks, but I have too much I need to get done this weekend, a combination of work and other stuff. But I am nearby, so I'll try to get out for an hour or two.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 28, 2003 at 8:37 AM Post #188 of 214
Well, I almost did NOT survive last week, literally. I'll tell the story when we meet.

Suffice it to say that our local police department will soon be asked to reimburse thousands in court costs, and to discipline a plain-clothes cop with road rage who chased, cornered, and assaulted me and then almost shot me in the head when I resisted, not knowing he was a cop (refused to identify himself even though I asked... three times!). Who knows if they might pay for psychic trauma... thank god for music to help me relax. :^D (I am avoiding watching news or any cop-related TV shows.)

PM me if you're interested in details, but I'll only send them to people I've corresponded with already.

On a brighter note, we enjoyed Seal at the Warfield last Saturday (wearing earplugs, of course), and the San Francisco Symphony at Davies on Wednesday. Tomorrow night, its Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at the Fillmore. Gotta keep those ears in calibration.

I've got some Headroom products burning in on my listening room floor (particularly the new Airhead, a newly-assembled prototype).

See you on Sunday in Oakland (where it's not the police you worry about).

Nov 28, 2003 at 6:13 PM Post #190 of 214
steinie:
We have around 20+(sent out 24 sets of directions) including some people from Headwize.
Stoney:
Take care of youself! I don't know about those "Audio" license plates; glad you're OK!

Nov 28, 2003 at 9:22 PM Post #192 of 214
For Sunday, gpalmer and a couple of others have expressed interest in coming earlier than 12 noon. This is fine and I will be here after 10:30AM. We will need some extension cords, power strips and conditioners. There should be plenty of tables and chairs.

Nov 29, 2003 at 12:04 AM Post #193 of 214
I won't be able to make it early, but I'll have a couple of extension cords and one-to-three splitters, all 10 guage.

I wasn't planning on bringing my power conditioner, just because it is immensely heavy. The BP-3.5, newest version. But, it did wonders with my entire system.

Nov 29, 2003 at 2:24 AM Post #194 of 214
Well, I checked my mailbox today and the cables from Tuberoller/Moon Audio were there but the Gilmore Balanced Reference didn't make it.
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 8:39 AM Post #195 of 214
Got to check out the Moon Audio HD600-HD650 replacement cable. I agree with TubeRoller on this one, (although I haven't tried all the cables he did), it easily bests my Cardas for sound quality. I have compared the stock cable, Cardas and Moon Audio Silver Dragon and the Silver Dragon is the best...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back