Bay Area Meet
Sep 6, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #31 of 62
I'm interested in participating. Any weekend day in October is good for me.

I'm in the process of putting a K1000 system together. I'm very interested in hearing humanflyz's system.

I can bring: Grado HP-1000, Grado HPA-1, K1000 (with awful, soon to be replaced tail), AudioValve RKV (stock), Shure e-4, and maybe a Xin SM-4.

Sep 6, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #32 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcn

I'm in the process of putting a K1000 system together. I'm very interested in hearing humanflyz's system.

I can bring: Grado HP-1000, Grado HPA-1, K1000 (with awful, soon to be replaced tail), AudioValve RKV (stock), Shure e-4, and maybe a Xin SM-4.

I can make either date assuming nothing comes up. I can bring anything in my profile. I just might need a forklift to bring it all though.

Sep 7, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #33 of 62
Ooh, Bay Area, right on my home turf!
tongue.gif

Sounds good, but hopefully my marching band schedule won't conflict with either of these days...I'll get back on this.
cool.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #34 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcn

audiovalve rkv and humanflyz's pass aleph 3?I will be there for sure,i am really interested in comparing my flying mole class t amp to rkv and pass aleph 3.

Sep 10, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #35 of 62
Vote Now!

Just a bump for the thread, and to encourage people who want to attend, to vote in the poll for their preferred date.

I'd like to fix the date (14th or 21st) in the next week or so, to ensure that the room is booked, and that someone will be responsible for an attendee list, equipment list, etc. before I go away, so that my absence doesn't hold things up.

The Ideal Timeline would be something like this...

This Week
Polling continues ... Word Spreads ... Interest Grows ...

Next Week
Polling closes ... Date Chosen ... Room Booked + Confirmed

Volunteers step forward to manage lists ...

New thread opened with title "Bay Area Meet, CONFIRMED - Marin <Date>",
or similar.

Attendee List and Equipment list managed as edited posts in new thread

Sept 19-29
I'm likely to be incommunicado, so talk amongst yourselves...

October
I return to find an impressive list of members, equipment, and no doubt questions.

I'd hope to answer any questions quickly - or just ask now if you have them.

With a rough head count we should know if we need to be looking at table / chair rental.

If any one has a truck that might help with moving things, if required

1 Week before - Things are pretty much organized - I PM directions etc,
still gives time for last minute stuff, after all

"No plan survives contact with the enemy."
Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Sep 10, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #37 of 62
I appreciate all the efforts to put this together.
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #38 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Ooh, Bay Area, right on my home turf!
tongue.gif

Sounds good, but hopefully my marching band schedule won't conflict with either of these days...I'll get back on this.
cool.gif

what high school do you attend?

Sep 11, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #40 of 62
i wanna go bad. Ill bring my gear in my sig, maybe a dac depending on money. Im hoping to sample some nice silver IC cables vs my plain copper ones. I hope to do a L3000 vs W5000 shootout as well.

Sep 11, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #41 of 62
I added your additional information on the first post. I don't know if I have the time to setup and organize the official thread. Once Grahame picks a date based on the poll at the end of the week, can someone setup the new thread based on Grahame's comments below. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame
Vote Now!

Just a bump for the thread, and to encourage people who want to attend, to vote in the poll for their preferred date.

I'd like to fix the date (14th or 21st) in the next week or so, to ensure that the room is booked, and that someone will be responsible for an attendee list, equipment list, etc. before I go away, so that my absence doesn't hold things up.

The Ideal Timeline would be something like this...

This Week
Polling continues ... Word Spreads ... Interest Grows ...

Next Week
Polling closes ... Date Chosen ... Room Booked + Confirmed

Volunteers step forward to manage lists ...

New thread opened with title "Bay Area Meet, CONFIRMED - Marin <Date>",
or similar.

Attendee List and Equipment list managed as edited posts in new thread

Sept 19-29
I'm likely to be incommunicado, so talk amongst yourselves...

October
I return to find an impressive list of members, equipment, and no doubt questions.

I'd hope to answer any questions quickly - or just ask now if you have them.

With a rough head count we should know if we need to be looking at table / chair rental.

If any one has a truck that might help with moving things, if required

1 Week before - Things are pretty much organized - I PM directions etc,
still gives time for last minute stuff, after all

"No plan survives contact with the enemy."
Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Sep 12, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #44 of 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back