Bay Area Meet
Sep 4, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #16 of 62
Dear All,

After being introduced to the delights of a Head-Fi Meet at the Most excellent Saratoga event in Feb, I thought I'd give back to the community by offering this modest proposal.

My apartment complex has a 600+ sq ft activity room that I could use to host the meet.

I've put some photo's online to give you a better idea of what is on offer.

http://picasaweb.google.com/grahame....yAreaMeetVenue

The venue is located in Marin, close to 101 (from North / South) and the 580 Richmond Bridge (from the east)

Already on site there are -
Power wise there are 6 sockets - in three outlets.
table wise - 2 Trestle tables + 1 low coffee table
seat wise - 14 fold up chairs + 1 couch.

Cost wise though, its FREE (Technically, I have to provide a $75 deposit - but you're all house trained, right?)

There is guest parking, on the level, within 20 paces of the room.

Local supermarkets are close by for supplies.
Local eats - from inexpensive to high end.

I can give more details regarding logistics etc as people have questions.

Dates - I'm traveling in the last half of September, and things happen at Halloween, so I'd suggest possible dates of

Saturday 14th October or Saturday 21st October.

If you guys think this works as a venue let me know so I can reserve the room and confirm the date.

I'd appreciate help with the organization since I will not be around for half of September - so If someone could take up the reins, or provide cover in my absence that would be a big help.

So what do you say?

My wallet still bears the scars from the side effects of the last meeting. Will I regret this? Possibly, but it should be fun, And my wife will get to see that, actually, my set up is quite reasonable, considering.
evil_smiley.gif

I'm listening...

Sep 4, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 62
Thanks. I've updated the first post to include this as a possibility. I shoud be free for either of those weekends. Hopefully I'll be able to borrow my wife's jeep or get a ride from someone. I'll be able to bring my Grado PS-1 and maybe a Mapletree amp. I might still have a HR-2 amp at that time but I think it will be sold unless I keep it and sell the Mapletree. I also have an Audio Mirror DAC as a source but not sure if I can bring all that. Most people are probably most interested in the PS-1 anyway.

Sep 4, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #18 of 62

Sep 4, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #19 of 62
So thats a vote for the 21st Then?
Can someone set up a poll for the dates?

G.

Sep 4, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame
So thats a vote for the 21st Then?
Can someone set up a poll for the dates?

G.

I don't know how to do polls. If someone else can do it or we just get more responses. So far Oct 21st sounds like the best date.

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #21 of 62
Thanks for the offer Grahame, the room looks sweet. We could bring a few more folding tables and chairs and a few power strips in there and we would be in business.

The timing for me is better Oct. 14 or 15, or Oct. 22 because I am going to a concert on the evening of Oct. 21. I could probably make the event but not hang out late. (granodemostasa said no good for him on Oct. 12 and 13, but maybe he meant Oct. 14 and 15?) As far as a poll goes, the OP needs to set it up or we need a mod to help.

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #22 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Thanks for the offer Grahame, the room looks sweet. We could bring a few more folding tables and chairs and a few power strips in there and we would be in business.

The timing for me is better Oct. 14 or 15, or Oct. 22 because I am going to a concert on the evening of Oct. 21. I could probably make the event but not hang out late. (granodemostasa said no good for him on Oct. 12 and 13, but maybe he meant Oct. 14 and 15?) As far as a poll goes, the OP needs to set it up or we need a mod to help.

I have no problem setting up a poll, I just need some instructions. I don't see anything when I click edit on my original post. Grahame's place looks perfect, so that would leave the 2 dates he mentioned.

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #23 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
I have no problem setting up a poll, I just need some instructions. I don't see anything when I click edit on my original post. Grahame's place looks perfect, so that would leave the 2 dates he mentioned.

Sorry, I'm not a poll guy either--I just thought you would be the only one who could do it in this thread and we probably shouldn't start another. I will ping a couple of mods to ask if they can help you add one in.

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #24 of 62
Poll added. I figured it out. You can vote for either date or both.

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #25 of 62
I chose the 14th + 21st as possibles, due to the lead time and need for some time after my travels.

I chose Saturdays, as it gives us sunday to recover
smily_headphones1.gif

I doubt any day will be optimal for all involved, hence the idea of a poll, and let the will of the majority decide. or me
smily_headphones1.gif

In any event, a venue and some dates gives us something to shoot for, unless someone has a better suggestion.

I'm looking forward to it already.

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #27 of 62
I'm considering it, but I'll need to check my schedule first and probably won't know until about 2 weeks beforehand.

Sep 4, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #28 of 62
hmmm interesting..will see if i am not working then.....

Sep 4, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #30 of 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back