Bay Area meet - May/June 2003?
Jun 3, 2003 at 5:39 AM Post #121 of 138
Just a few things. The Singlepower Audio amps arrived today. I spoke to Mikhail (sp) on the telephone and he is sending some additional tubes for them as well. What a nice guy to talk with, very passionate about his product. I also spoke to Tyll and he is going to bring a Meridian CDP for the Blockhead, and a couple of distribution amps to run multiple amps from one source. He is also bringing some other things, hopefully the Omega 2's.

Tuberoller is sending the practically the entire Meier Audio line: HA-1 Mk. II, HA-2, The Prehead (with the LM6171 op-amp), and a Corda Cross.

Can I get an idea of what everyone else will be bringing? Not necessarily headphones, but the things that have a large footprint so I can plan out tables and such.

Additionally, if you have a couple of folding chairs we could probably use them.

Jun 3, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #122 of 138
I will bring my Usher CD-100 (same as Music Hall MMF CD-25). . . .

I could also bring my antness Gilmore v1, but it sounds like there's already an abundance of amps; is that right?

Oh, and I can bring 3 folding chairs.

Jun 3, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #123 of 138
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Can I get an idea of what everyone else will be bringing? Not necessarily headphones, but the things that have a large footprint so I can plan out tables and such.

I'll be bringing the following:

1. VPI Scout Turntable
2. Marantz CD19A CD player
3. Exposure 2010 CD player
4. N.E.W amp and preamp (small form factor footprint)
5. Melos SHA Gold Reference (can stack both of the cd players on top of this)

That's all I can think of that takes up any kind of real estate.

Jun 5, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #124 of 138
Ok, I just unpacked all of the boxes, here is an updated list of things that were so kindly lent to us:
  1. HeadRoom Blockhead (YAY!!)
  2. HD-600 (balanced Cardas cable)
  3. RS-1 (balanced cable)
  4. RS-1 (regular cable)
  5. RS-2
  6. Senn PX-200
  7. Senn PX-100
  8. Stax Basic System
  9. AKG K-1000
  10. Singlepower Audio Supra (w/ Sovtek and Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 tubes)
  11. Singlepower Audio MPX3 (I believe that is the model)
  12. Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline HR2

Jun 5, 2003 at 5:04 PM Post #125 of 138
*Drooooooooooool*

cant wait til the 7th...

how are we doing on sources, Jon? I really dont have much to contribute, my Marantz changer isnt what I would call quality...

Jun 5, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #126 of 138
From drewski:

1. VPI Scout Turntable
2. Marantz CD19A CD player
3. Exposure 2010 CD player

From carlo:

Sony SCD-775 with modifications for 3 simultaneous outputs (if it arrives in time).

From Tyll:

Meridian

From stressnot:

Usher CD-100 (same as Music Hall MMF CD-25)

From bobjew without a badge:

Cal Audio Delta CD transport with a balanced out

Jun 5, 2003 at 6:04 PM Post #128 of 138
Eep. One last try.

My ride fell through because, unfortunately, it's quite a diversion to go from Berkeley up through 101 to Petaluma then to Sacramento. I'm thinking it would be better if there were any folks coming up from San Francisco. Is anyone going to the meet via Highway 101 (which would make it more plausible for me to hitch a ride)?

tongue.gif

- Chris

Jun 5, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #129 of 138
We could probably use a couple of power cords too. Doesn't have to be fancy, just some generic. I think have 2 or 3.

Jun 5, 2003 at 8:50 PM Post #130 of 138
I'll bring my Linn Ikemi cd player and some power strips, as well as some amps.

Do you need people to bring drinks or snacks (the kind that melt in your mouth, not in your hand)?

Jun 5, 2003 at 9:23 PM Post #131 of 138
I need to pull out last-minute-style here. Got a couple fractures in my left arm in a recent skating accident and the related inconvenience and doctor's visits have clogged up my schedule too much. I'll hit up the next berekely-local one for sure tho.
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #132 of 138
That's too bad eighteen, take care of yourself. Well we have had some cancellations. Todd won't be here, Tuberoller is a definite maybe, eighteen_psi......

.......I still plan on making it.

Kurt, thanks for the offer. There will be some little finger sandwiches, a vegetable tray and some chips. drewski is bringing some eggrolls and I'll have a couple of liters of soda. Anything else you want to bring is welcome.

Jun 5, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #133 of 138
Since eighteen_psi is not riding with me anymore, I can give someone else a ride if they're willing to drive to Pleasanton.

Jun 5, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #134 of 138
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Eep. One last try.

My ride fell through because, unfortunately, it's quite a diversion to go from Berkeley up through 101 to Petaluma then to Sacramento. I'm thinking it would be better if there were any folks coming up from San Francisco. Is anyone going to the meet via Highway 101 (which would make it more plausible for me to hitch a ride)?

tongue.gif

- Chris

Sorry Chris- We're not ignoring you, but almost everyone will going on HWY 80.
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #135 of 138
Quote:

Originally posted by drewski
Sorry Chris- We're not ignoring you, but almost everyone will going on HWY 80.
frown.gif

Yeah, I figured!
frown.gif
Oh well.... Looks like I'll have to come to the next Berkeley one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have fun, guys...

- Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back