Bay Area Meet Jan 27, 2024
Dec 12, 2023 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DeviousEnigma

Head-Fier
Hi everybody! We are at it again in the Bay (reference https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bay-area-meet-january-29-2023.966089/ and https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bay-area-meet-july-29-2023.968631/). If you are interested in bringing your gear and getting a table spot, please join the discord (link below) and fill out the sign up sheet. I will follow up with you in the coming weeks to give you details on the event, etc. That being said, if you have headphones or IEMs (or even DAPs) that are portable, feel free to bring those with you and carry those around to test out all the cool stuff that will be there. So here are the details:

Important notes:
  1. If you are selected to bring your own setup, please arrive 1 hour before the event to set up. There will also be 1 hours after the event is over to break down and pack up.
  2. Gear list to come.
We are sponsored by Schiit Audio!!! Please thank them for helping us put together this meet and be able to enjoy this bigger venue and the space needed to bring more of us together! Also for sending us awesome gear.

Note: Please be conscious of your manners and hygiene. If there’s a line growing behind you or for the table, limit your listening time and come back when the table isn’t as packed. Let’s let everyone listen. Also keep in mind you will be demoing other people’s gear. Please be clean, wash up, don’t put products in your hair, clean your ears, etc. Be respectful. There’s a lot of cool gear here.

List of contributing manufacturers/companies (gear to be announced):
  1. Schitt Audio: Sponsor and sending SchiitKit
  2. HIFI FOR ALL
  3. ETA Headphones
  4. NITSCH
  5. Ampandsound
  6. STAX
  7. ZMF
  8. Wells Audio
  9. Enleum
  10. Modhouse
Location and Date/Time:
Saturday January 27, 2024
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM PST
Guildhouse
420 S 1st St
San Jose, CA 95113

Discord link for our Bay Area community:
https://discord.gg/CzuXVkE2Rx

Eventbrite Link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hificon-jan-2024-tickets-776572006777?aff=oddtdtcreator

Gear List (work in progress):
Schiit:
Jotunheim 2
Ragnarok 2
Bifrost 2/64 and Lyr+
Syn
Magni Unity

HIFI FOR ALL:
WA6, Lake People G108 + Mojo 2, HFA headphone project, HD800S, Ether 2, HFA cable system

ETA Headphones:
Ada: A new 16 Ohm, Biodynamic Open back headphone
la Dolce Audio Allegro UA2.5
System Dump Associate Amplifier

NITSCH:
Pietus Maximus + Bifrost 2 OG
Pietus Maximus with internal ESS Card
Pietus Maximus with internal Multibit Card
Piety + Modded Modi Multibit 1
HD58X Stock
HD600 Stock (Marble)
HD600 Stock New Production
JAR600 v1 New Production
HD6XX Stock
JAR6XX v1
HD660S2 Stock
Focal Elex
Focal Clear
Focal Utopia
*NITSCH will also have Piety Maximum Black Volume Knobs and Brass Piety Volume Knobs available at the event if anyone is interested.

Ampandsound:
Kenzie

STAX:
SRM-T8000 amp with SR-X9000 and SR-009S headphone
SRM-D10 ii (new launch of an upgraded portable amp) with SR-L500 MKll and SR-L700 MKll headphone

ZMF:
Homage
BOKEH
Atrium
Atrium Closed
Caldera

Wells Audio:
Milo headphone amp with outboard LPS
A new V8 OTL tube amp
A Level II V8 Otl amp
A Gruve DAC
A Level II Gruve DAC

Enleum:
HPA-23RM

Modhouse:
Single sided Tungsten

From the community:
Xi Audio Stack, AB1266TC, he6sev1 modded, denafrips gaia ddc
Pi2AES > Gustard R26, Schiit Mjolnir 3, ZMF Atticus, HD800 (modded)
Ferrum Hypsos, Wandla, Oor stack, Focal Utopia, HD800S, Hifiman HE1000V2, Moondrop Variations, Fiio FX15
Aurorus Borealis, 6XX, Symphonium Meteor, Q5K
HD 800 Chord Qutest Violetric V280 Shure 1840
ES1A, HD580, CD900ST, HD600, Audial Aya 5, Gustard R26, Woo Audio 3ES, Mono price LauX, RD-4, Modded Woo Audio WA3, 6C45pi Spud amplifier, Gustard U18, Hydra Z clone
Bifrost 2 --> Jotunheim 2 / Eddie Current ZDT Jr --> LCD-X (2021) / Meze Empyrean
Yggy gs -> MJ3 -> AC
Bravura, LCD-i4
Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball, XDUOO XD05+, Modded HE6SE v2

Photos from the prior event:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3vWJe6tNMhfXryaP8

Giveaway:
There will be a giveaway to take place at 2 PM. Entrance should grant you a raffle ticket and stick around for the giveaway. ZMF is giving away a BOKEH. Schiit is giving away either a Bifrost 2/64 or a Lyr+ (winner's choice).

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 16
I'll try and make it out there from Lemoore. Heading down to the Schiitr this weekend! (hopefully)

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 16
Raised in the Bay is me. Fremont.

Unfortunate. NY is now home.

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #5 of 16
Sweet! Glad I recently moved here :D

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 16
Added new information!
Any parking tips or area eats would be greatly appreciated!

I'm gonna be driving all over CA that weekend x'D LA Friday, SF Saturday.

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #9 of 16
Any parking tips or area eats would be greatly appreciated!

I'm gonna be driving all over CA that weekend x'D LA Friday, SF Saturday.
As for parking, there's street parking, a paid parking lot just across the street from the venue, but also there's the SJ convention center one street down and that also has paid, covered parking.

As for food, depends on where and what you want?

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #10 of 16
There's a plaza about a block or so down that has multiple food options. You can even order your food before you leave Guildhouse and then pick it up once you get there. The name escapes me, but if you leave Guildhouse and cross the street, follow your nose down the street and you can't miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back