Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #361 of 527

Quote:
[size=13pt]Hello everyone.[/size]

[size=13pt] [/size]

[size=13pt]I just became a Head-Fi member a few days ago, and I've never been to a meet before. I happen to live in Daly City, just a few miles away from Burlingame, and I'm free on Saturday; so I'm definitely not going to miss this! As a newbie, I don't have any gear of my own to let other people try. From what I gather after reading this thread, there's no official invitation procedure here, I just show up right? Also, aameford said that meets occur about annually. What can I do to make sure that I always find out about Bay Area meets before they happen?[/size]

I'm from DC too... my parents are still there.  Come on by and say 'hi'.  Just show up, bring a few bucks for the raffle (go to the beginning of this thread to see the frequently updated details) and look at the many different ways you can blow your kid's college fund!  I'm new here too, but apparently these things happen in the bay area around this time of year.  So just keep coming back and check the "Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers" forum around this time of year.

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #363 of 527
By any chance, is anyone going to be bringing a pair of Shure SE535's??? It's really help me out A LOT of someone had a set I could listen to, as it seems like I think I am having an issue with mine, and if I could compare with some else's pair, it would verify whether the problem is with my SE535's, or if this is just how the SE535's are.

I made a thread with more details here, and any help/advice would be appreciated!

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/539647/shure-se535-sound-really-muffled#post_7276429

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #364 of 527
Hey guys. I've been following the development of this meet for a while now and it sure has been exciting. At this point I can say with reasonable certainty that I am going to make it. I will be bringing along my dad and a buddy. I have been a headfier for a while now though I havent made it to any meets yet. I am pretty excited and I want to thank CEE TEE and everyone else who made this possible. See you guys on saturday

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #365 of 527
Hi Guys. I have a list of most of the equipment being brought to the meet-up. It doesn't include absolutely everything, and I definitely omitted sources (laptops, CD, etc). The price column is just a guess in many cases as to what the equipment would cost new and may not even be close to accurate. No offense if I left anyone out. Hope this is useful.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoB91ztvfV2idEFnejBQRGhuM0NVQVpvR1B4bm5IMHc&hl=en&authkey=COzX4OIG

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #366 of 527
Wow. That's awesome. Thanks for doing that! Just curious, why does the Audio-Technica W1000X have a red box around it?

Quote:
Hi Guys. I have a list of most of the equipment being brought to the meet-up. It doesn't include absolutely everything, and I definitely omitted sources (laptops, CD, etc). The price column is just a guess in many cases as to what the equipment would cost new and may not even be close to accurate. No offense if I left anyone out. Hope this is useful.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoB91ztvfV2idEFnejBQRGhuM0NVQVpvR1B4bm5IMHc&hl=en&authkey=COzX4OIG

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #367 of 527

Quote:

Nice job!!!  Should we all PM you if we have any additions or modifications?

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #368 of 527

Quote:

Holy crap... that's brilliant! Very useful, indeed.

Cheers!

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #369 of 527
Slight change to actual table set-up (the hotel is finding less room than thought while setting up), I will need to re-arrange for this:

We will have three of the tables out in front of the rooms and in our own private foyer. 
(That is actually good to allow for some hanging out and relaxing, etc.)

I will need to try and maintain the integrity of the original plan (but do some shifting): 2/14/11.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #370 of 527
Probably best to keep it informal. I think it will be too time consuming to make an exhaustive list. I may make a second blank sheet that anyone can edit. Then, you can add your own equipment. I don't know where the red box came from around the W1000x. Must be an excel to google translation artifact.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #371 of 527

Quote:
Probably best to keep it informal. I think it will be too time consuming to make an exhaustive list. I may make a second blank sheet that anyone can edit. Then, you can add your own equipment. I don't know where the red box came from around the W1000x. Must be an excel to google translation artifact.

haha. Gotcha. I thought it was a "maybe they'll be there" sort of thing. 

The list really is brilliant. I don't think it's necessary to make one that can be edited by anyone. The current list already gives us a good enough idea of what's going to be there. 

I'm still 50/50 on whether I'm going, but if I do, I'm excited to hear the LCD-2 and HD800.

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #372 of 527
I am an editor on VLCAD's wonderful list now. Email me at mdraluck23@gmail.com if you want something added or changed. I'm just helping out.

EDIT: I also confirmed I WILL BE THERE. That was scary.

DOUBLE EDIT: There's also a Chat function ON the document that works beautifully. It gives a random username if you don't have a Google account. I suggest we all use it!

TRIPLE EDIT: I really love the Chat. Click where it says Anonymous users online in the top right to view it.

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #373 of 527

Quote:

DOUBLE EDIT: There's also a Chat function ON the document that works beautifully. It gives a random username if you don't have a Google account. I suggest we all use it!

TRIPLE EDIT: I really love the Chat. Click where it says Anonymous users online in the top right to view it.

What are you talking about? Link?

Glad this didn't clash with the engadget meetup in SF! 
ph34r.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #375 of 527

Users who are viewing this thread

Back