Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #346 of 527
Quote:
Btw, I'm bringing friends that are just tagging along. They aren't head-fiers. Do they have to pay?

Everybody's welcome, as far as I know. Maybe your buddies are future head-fiers.

Regarding attendance fees, CEE TEE has risked fronting his own money to rent the space for all of us to enjoy. I'll let him decide who pays how much, but I plan to plunk down my $20 to help pay off his deposit, which now covers three rooms ($1200? or more?). I'll probably gamble on the raffle prizes as well.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #348 of 527
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all of the excitement and patience with me as things have been hectic during the final stretch toward the meet and I have to go research or figure out answers to most organizational questions because I have never been to a meet or organized one.

(Also, this meet has morphed into something that seems pretty spectacular and I can't believe that I am a part of it.)

Yes, EVERYBODY is welcome and I realize not everyone can donate or even needs to...that's fine!

As vendors have decided to participate and more members are coming (which is fantastic), I have been going with the flow and growing with the meet.

I really thought we needed more space and so I got it.  Problem solved.

Bottom line: this has been a fantastic experience for me and the meet hasn't even happened yet.

Come, enjoy...and hopefully I will figure out a smooth way of handling donations from those who can and/or raffle tickets for some fun stuff.

You guys have been GREAT, so I am not gonna sweat it.

How many more days left until the meet???
beerchug.gif

CEE TEE

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #350 of 527

Quote:
That is unfortunate to hear mikeymad, because I don't think anyone else will be bringing a K1000 ...

Serious?  I sort of thought the K1000s were sort of ubiquitous in this crowd.  Were you just saying that or can anyone else verify?  If that's the case, I might bring mine.

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #351 of 527
No doubt about it... CEE TEE, you just plain rock.
You've created quite a monster of a meet. Could be historic!

But right now, it's just damn exciting. 
L3000.gif

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #352 of 527

Quote:
Quote:
That is unfortunate to hear mikeymad, because I don't think anyone else will be bringing a K1000 ...

Serious?  I sort of thought the K1000s were sort of ubiquitous in this crowd.  Were you just saying that or can anyone else verify?  If that's the case, I might bring mine.

I don't think anyone else is bringing the K1000, so please do. 
biggrin.gif
 I mean - I didn't go back through the thread to make sure, but I have read the thread and attended a previous meet and only one K1000 was present...

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #354 of 527
I contacted CeeTee via PM but I might as well sign in here too. 

I'll be bringing:
  1. My custom woodied T50rp
  2. Matrix Mini I Dac/Amp
  3. Macbook pro

I'll also be setting up a display of a few different Techheromods Grado woodies. 

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #356 of 527
Unfortuately I am going to cancel going to this. I was going to go with my friend but my schedule got all messed up. Sorry about that.

<3

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #359 of 527

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think anyone else is bringing the K1000, so please do. 
biggrin.gif
 I mean - I didn't go back through the thread to make sure, but I have read the thread and attended a previous meet and only one K1000 was present...

Ok- I'm in.  Will bring K1000s (BONE STOCK connected to a RECEIVER 
eek.gif
) and hopefully my W4s will show up in time.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #360 of 527
[size=13.0pt]Hello everyone.[/size]

[size=13.0pt] [/size]

[size=13.0pt]I just became a Head-Fi member a few days ago, and I've never been to a meet before. I happen to live in Daly City, just a few miles away from Burlingame, and I'm free on Saturday; so I'm definitely not going to miss this! As a newbie, I don't have any gear of my own to let other people try. From what I gather after reading this thread, there's no official invitation procedure here, I just show up right? Also, aameford said that meets occur about annually. What can I do to make sure that I always find out about Bay Area meets before they happen?[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back