Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 10, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #302 of 527
Bay Area Meet UPDATED to include Head-Direct/HIFIMAN at beginning of thread.

Also, Attendee List Updated.

(This Sunday I will handle the last details.)

Oh yeah, I have to contact NuForce again to borrow some gear if they will still lend to our meet...

Feb 10, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #303 of 527
Have you considered having one room for MOTs and one room for member rigs?  That's how CanJam LA was and it seemed to work pretty nicely.  Just an idea.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #305 of 527

Quote:
TMoney I will offer space at table 5 for your gear as mine is very minimal and yours will truly add to the meet. :)

Sounds good to me, too! Hope three people with audio gears in one table isn't too difficult to manage.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #306 of 527
So I can finally confirm that I will be coming next weekend.  Unfortunately, my balanced EHHA won't be up and running in time (next time).  Sounds like table space is extremely short now.  I'm thinking of bringing the following:

1. Audio-GD Phoenix
  2. PS Audio DLIII
  3. Balanced AKG K702's
  4. Balanced HD650's
  5. Maybe my VPI Scout Turntable, if anyone wants to hear some nice vinyl.  (this one is kind of big so I can leave this one at home if there isn't enough space)

If I am too late to the party for table space, I can just bring me. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #307 of 527
I believe the tables are 60inches wide, and I have half of one reserved (~30in of real estate). I am going to need either 15 or 20 of those (depends on what I bring, but most likely I'll only need the 15, which is wide enough for a 13" laptop plus cables), and if I only need 15 then that should be enough for someone else to fit a similar rig beside mine. Anyone is free to claim this area. Just know that I may need about a full 20 ... Please post and reserve the spot with me that way there is no confusion. At the moment I'll give Horio first dibs since he asked, but if he doesn't respond then someone else can take his place. First to post is first in line behind Horio. 

Actually, it may be too difficult for someone to bring their gear only on a chance of having enough reserved space, so if you want - I can guarantee I will only need the 15in if you so request. Please make that clear in your post.

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #308 of 527
Philimon,

If you don't mind sharing a little space, that would be great!  I'll just leave the turntable at home this year, and bring the Phoenix and DLIII (both are only 10" wide), and a laptop. 

Thanks sir, I appreciate it!

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #309 of 527
BAY AREA MEET JUST LEVELLED UP!

I just expanded the meet to take over the third room of the ballroom.

In an attempt to help with noise and space I will keep all three rooms separate.

I will figure out and update the room diagrams later, probably tonight...congrats, Bay Area Meet!

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #314 of 527

Quote:
Philimon,

If you don't mind sharing a little space, that would be great!  I'll just leave the turntable at home this year, and bring the Phoenix and DLIII (both are only 10" wide), and a laptop. 

Thanks sir, I appreciate it!

No problem Horio. I will only need the 13-15inches wide for a MacBook/cables, with amp/dac/headphones in front. Also, looks like another room will be available, so you could always move there if you want the turntable space. 

EDIT: Tables are six feet wide according to the OP. So I have 36inches of table total, and I will only need the 13-15, so Horio if your turntable can fit in the rest then by all means... And if there is a little overlap, then I am sure we can figure something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back