Bay Area Meet (California) February 11th, 2012 INTEREST THREAD
Sep 16, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #106 of 212
^Great!  I liked the NuForce HDP.  Found it brighter than the U-Dac 2.

UPDATE 9/16/11:

I am trying right now to <lock down> Saturday, February 18th with the DoubleTree Hotel.

They are planning some remodeling and so they have to check the scheduling to ensure that there isn't a conflict...

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #107 of 212
I would love to come but not sure I'll be able to.  If I can I could bring my SOHA, EHHA revA and whatever vintage orthos I have tuned at the time, which is in constant flux, but would likely be HP1, YH3 and NAD RP18 with maybe some nice surprises. 

Nice one CEE TEE!

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #108 of 212
Hope you can make it, rhythmdevils...am interested in listening to your SOHA, EHHA and hearing an HP1 again!

Will let you know if any mini-meets happen or if we can set one up with you.

Cheers!

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #109 of 212
Speaking of mini-meets or micro-meets, I'm due to head up to the Bay Area (work) on the week of October 3. The weekend before (October 1-2) works nicely. The SR009 has finally shipped...

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #110 of 212

Quote:
Speaking of mini-meets or micro-meets, I'm due to head up to the Bay Area (work) on the week of October 3. The weekend before (October 1-2) works nicely. The SR009 has finally shipped...

If possible, I really like to take a listen to the New king of headphones! 

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #112 of 212
^Well, which companies should we invite? 

After I confirm we can have the date and I make the deposit, I would love to invite:
  1. Craig Uthus (Eddie Current)
  2. Justin W. (HeadAmp)
  3. John Grado or GradoLabs
  4. Sennheiser
  5. Audeze
  6. SPL
  7. Todd (TTVJ)
  8. Tyll Hertsens (Inner Fidelity)
  9. Benchmark Media

That's my dream list so far...in addition to the vendors who made last year's event great! 

EDIT 9/21/11:  Apologies to Justin W. of HeadAmp and HeadRoom...a hasty post of mine confused the two!

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #115 of 212

Quote:

After I confirm we can have the date and I make the deposit, I would love to invite:
  2. Justin W. (HeadRoom)
  3. Kevin Gilmore
  4. John Grado
  5. Sennheiser
  6. Audeze
  7. SPL
  8. Todd (TTVJ)
  9. Tyll Hertsens (Inner Fidelity)
  10. Benchmark Media

That's my dream list so far...in addition to the vendors who made last year's event great! 

Never hurts to dream large. Sometimes they come true!

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #116 of 212

Quote:

2. Justin W. (HeadRoom)
  3. Kevin Gilmore
  4. John Grado
  5. Sennheiser
  6. Audeze
  7. SPL
  8. Todd (TTVJ)
  10. Benchmark Media

Fang from Hifiman is very nice guy and might be able to support the meeting with some inventories. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #118 of 212
Dr. Fang of Head Direct/HiFiMAN is EXTREMELY nice and said that he "would attend or send some items for us"... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkkuma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fang from Hifiman is very nice guy and might be able to support the meeting with some inventories. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #119 of 212
Ha!  I'll try to woo Woo...he should come out just to visit with ClaytonSF, I would think!!!

tongue.gif

Quote:

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #120 of 212
Quote:

2. Justin W. (HeadRoom)
  3. Kevin Gilmore
  4. John Grado
  5. Sennheiser
  6. Audeze
  7. SPL
  8. Todd (TTVJ)
  10. Benchmark Media

Justin W is HeadAmp, not HeadRoom. Dr. Gilmore is technically not an MOT and I can't recall him attending a meet outside of IL. And John Grado has never attended a single meet anywhere since April 2006, even the ones held in his state of NY.

Also, no disrespect intended, but IMO, having lots of vendors at a meet misses the point of the meet. The members make a meet, not MOTs, and the more MOTs you have, the more you're implicitly encouraging people to show up without gear, which I've seen as an increasing trend lately, at least according to various meet & impressions threads that I've read. Regional meets shouldn't be like a "CanJam-lite", they should be meet & greets where folks get to know one another and share ideas and hopefully learn from each other, and even where new friendships can be formed. The more MOTs at a meet, the less chance of that happening.

It's natural to want some MOTs to be present at a regional meet, but try to also be aware that the annual CanJam event exists in part for MOTs, and Head-Fi members should be encouraged to attend CanJam as well, not just local regional meets. Please have some consideration for the MOTs who can't attend every single regional meet and have to devote whatever time & resources they have to exhibit solely at CanJam. Essentially, what I mean is, it's fine to have MOTs at a regional meet, but at the same time, please support CanJam as well and limit the number at your meet, so CanJam can continue to exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back