Battlefield 4
Feb 15, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #106 of 329
How is Titan Mode going to work in a present-day setting? Giant blimps instead of BF2142's huge floating sci-fi ships?

I just hope it plays nice with the netcode this time. BF2142 is the only game since BF1942 to have huge ships one can walk and fight in, on and around...

It's going to be aircraft carriers. As for how the game mode is going to work, I'm not sure, hopefully it's still pretty similar to the original Titan mode where's it's basically a mix of CQ and rush.

As for the 'netcode', I doubt that all the issues will be fixed by the time Naval Strike releases... Even with the latest patch I'm still getting quite a bit of hit detection issues and every now and then I'll get one shotted. Hopefully they get these things ironed out eventually, I mean BF3 was (and still is) a much more stable and accurate experience (regardless of the 10Hz tick rate, which I would personally like to see increased).

Game stability has apparently worsened for a lot of people as well (I personally haven't had any crashes yet, post patch). The most annoying issue I've encountered since the latest patch has been spawning without weapons (had to quit a match because of it...).

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #108 of 329
Thanks for the vid Martin. It is ridiculous that the tick rate is at 10Hz - the game will never feel right until it's at least 30, if not 60.

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #109 of 329
It's going to be aircraft carriers. As for how the game mode is going to work, I'm not sure, hopefully it's still pretty similar to the original Titan mode where's it's basically a mix of CQ and rush.  
As for the 'netcode', I doubt that all the issues will be fixed by the time Naval Strike releases... Even with the latest patch I'm still getting quite a bit of hit detection issues and every now and then I'll get one shotted. Hopefully they get these things ironed out eventually, I mean BF3 was (and still is) a much more stable and accurate experience (regardless of the 10Hz tick rate, which I would personally like to see increased).

Game stability has apparently worsened for a lot of people as well (I personally haven't had any crashes yet, post patch). The most annoying issue I've encountered since the latest patch has been spawning without weapons (had to quit a match because of it...).

I'd be surprised too if the netcode got fixed up in time; it's always been quirky ever since BF1942 1.0, back when you'd die of fall damage just by walking off the steep slopes of Wake Island, and I hear Codename: Eagle made early BF1942 look downright stable by comparison.

10 Hz tick rate? Seriously? That explains a lot. I still remember this one moment in BF:BC2 where someone was sprinting straight at me from a distance, not even shooting. I lit him up for a good second or two, aim dead-on target. My reward was not an easy kill, but a knife to the face and the revelation that he still had a good chunk of health left. Gotta love netcode...

If it's aircraft carriers for BF4 Titan Mode, then that can mean only one thing: Midway-style maps are BACK! Well, it's probably more like Coral Sea with movable carriers given that there probably aren't any battleships, destroyers or submarines to go with the carriers, but still, I did kinda miss naval battles from the BF1942 days. Really forced the teams to scout out the area for the enemy and try to get the jump on them, since they could be practically anywhere on the map.

...Wait, did you say "spawning without weapons"? Now that's a new low!

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #110 of 329

I'd be surprised too if the netcode got fixed up in time; it's always been quirky ever since BF1942 1.0, back when you'd die of fall damage just by walking off the steep slopes of Wake Island, and I hear Codename: Eagle made early BF1942 look downright stable by comparison.

10 Hz tick rate? Seriously? That explains a lot. I still remember this one moment in BF:BC2 where someone was sprinting straight at me from a distance, not even shooting. I lit him up for a good second or two, aim dead-on target. My reward was not an easy kill, but a knife to the face and the revelation that he still had a good chunk of health left. Gotta love netcode...

If it's aircraft carriers for BF4 Titan Mode, then that can mean only one thing: Midway-style maps are BACK! Well, it's probably more like Coral Sea with movable carriers given that there probably aren't any battleships, destroyers or submarines to go with the carriers, but still, I did kinda miss naval battles from the BF1942 days. Really forced the teams to scout out the area for the enemy and try to get the jump on them, since they could be practically anywhere on the map.

...Wait, did you say "spawning without weapons"? Now that's a new low!

Haha, yeah the no weapons thing has happened a few times. I've had it happen in the past where I would spawn then half a minute later my weapons would appear. This time they didn't show up at all, I was basically just running around and spotting people for a while...

As for the new maps in Naval Strike, they are apparently called: Lost Island, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker, and Operation Mortar

3 of the 4 sound promising, Operation Mortar sounds terrible...

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #113 of 329
Lol "new"

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #114 of 329
  Anyone played the new maps yet?

Just ran a few quick rounds on all 4 Conquest variants of each 'new' map.

Basically they still play the same. Visuals have been updated (finally got rid of the horrible tint on each of the maps), Caspian and Firestorm look particularly stunning. Quite a few of the new maps have additional routes to flags as well. Metro and Caspian have probably undergone the biggest changes as far as level design goes.

Metro CQ is still a cluster ***k, B flag is still pretty easy to hold which basically means the first team to get to B wins (unless your team is playing really poorly). Two new routes from C to B flag, elevators (aka death in a box) and left side, approaching B from C, corridor (aka death alley 2.0). Looks like they also added an additional entrance to B flag when approaching from A, basically it's a small door on the right (approaching B from A).

Firestorm, haven't really noticed much difference route wise. Visually it looks quite different but plays pretty much the same.

Oman is also pretty much the same, except now they've added two attack boats for the Marines. They are handy for setting up a forward spawn position for C and D flag, not so useful after they've been captured... Sandstorm event is pretty cool.

Caspian is my pretty awesome, probably one of my favourite maps from BF3. Again like the others it is very similar to before, though there are a few changes. There is now two additional stairwells leading up to the hilltop flag (C or B, can't remember which) which makes it much easier to take the flag. The big wall separating A,B,C and D,E flags is pretty cool though I've noticed quite a few snipers camping on them (especially in the towers).

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #115 of 329
Such a waste of an expansion. Could have had Epicenter, Azadi, Talah, Karkand, Sharqi or how about Valparaiso and Arica Harbor. Instead we get Metro and Firestorm meh, ugh, blah etc etc etc

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #116 of 329

Just ran a few quick rounds on all 4 Conquest variants of each 'new' map.

Basically they still play the same. Visuals have been updated (finally got rid of the horrible tint on each of the maps), Caspian and Firestorm look particularly stunning. Quite a few of the new maps have additional routes to flags as well. Metro and Caspian have probably undergone the biggest changes as far as level design goes.

Metro CQ is still a cluster ***k, B flag is still pretty easy to hold which basically means the first team to get to B wins (unless your team is playing really poorly). Two new routes from C to B flag, elevators (aka death in a box) and left side, approaching B from C, corridor (aka death alley 2.0). Looks like they also added an additional entrance to B flag when approaching from A, basically it's a small door on the right (approaching B from A).

Firestorm, haven't really noticed much difference route wise. Visually it looks quite different but plays pretty much the same.

Oman is also pretty much the same, except now they've added two attack boats for the Marines. They are handy for setting up a forward spawn position for C and D flag, not so useful after they've been captured... Sandstorm event is pretty cool.

Caspian is my pretty awesome, probably one of my favourite maps from BF3. Again like the others it is very similar to before, though there are a few changes. There is now two additional stairwells leading up to the hilltop flag (C or B, can't remember which) which makes it much easier to take the flag. The big wall separating A,B,C and D,E flags is pretty cool though I've noticed quite a few snipers camping on them (especially in the towers).

I have been trying to unlock the f2000 on metro..it's 10 kills and 10 kill assists to get the two kill assist ribbons(5 each ribbon) it's not easy.. I think they should have brought panama canal back from bad company 2 instead of firestorm!

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #117 of 329
Such a waste of an expansion. Could have had Epicenter, Azadi, Talah, Karkand, Sharqi or how about Valparaiso and Arica Harbor. Instead we get Metro and Firestorm meh, ugh, blah etc etc etc

The only map in that expansion that I actually wanted back was Caspian Border. Valparaiso would have been great (the BC titles had the best rush maps by far), I personally didn't play much of the Aftermath maps. One map I would personally like to see back is Noshar Canals, not the best CQ map, but probably the best TDM map from the series (imo).

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #118 of 329

I have been trying to unlock the f2000 on metro..it's 10 kills and 10 kill assists to get the two kill assist ribbons(5 each ribbon) it's not easy.. I think they should have brought panama canal back from bad company 2 instead of firestorm!

Completely forgot about the new weapons... I'll probably try and get this and the AS VAL unlocked tonight.

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #119 of 329
AS VAL is extremely easy to unlock, I did it a couple weeks ago. Nice little weapon, I've got a couple hundred kills with it. The F2000 unlock is hard to get - I recommend using a weapon that isn't great so you wound but not kill - took me a while to get 10 kill assists in one round. I kept putting a couple shots in people but then nobody would finish them off :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back