Battlefield 4
Feb 1, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #91 of 329
KK Ethan.. will buy it.. always wanted to buy it. Sound engine wise though.... what's it like?

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #92 of 329
A lot like BF3, though the actual sounds are better. Positioning is the same as bf3, so good but not amazing. Also, to be clear, I was saying to buy if you can get base game + premium for $60, which would be like half price.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #93 of 329
  Elected to 'not play this' till the initial problems had been ironed out. And there seems to have been an absolute ****tonne of 'initial problems'. Is this now a good time to buy Bf4? Thanks for any replies
smile.gif

Not yet mate..still leaving players on 0% health..getting shot around corners..wait for it to be on offer then get it!

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #94 of 329
TY for the reply Ethan... yeah BF4 would seem to be all in your face wall of sound, like a Michael Bay film as opposed to subtle stuff. Try out Insurgency, which has been fully released on Steam .. sound whoring is win on that. It's actually old school and excellent.. great in game for comms too.

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #95 of 329
Check out this...... http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_mantle_preview,1.html

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #96 of 329
Looks awesome there SaLX. Great for the red team. And BF4's audio is the best i have heard in ANY game to date!! Not close to lossless music yet, but much improved. Make sure you have some headphones that have a huge bass punch so you can really feel those explosions. 

And yes a couple minor bugs for me, but no game breakers. Still fun as hell!

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #97 of 329
I have to say, the DMR's are so much more fun to use now. Close range they're are still not all that great (apart from the SKS with laser, that thing is pretty decent close up) but that's to be expected.

As far as game breaking bugs go, the CTD when getting into the gunner seat on a MBT is pretty bloody annoying. Especially if you're carrying the bomb in obliteration... Apart from that the no sound bug is also pretty damn annoying and it looks like the 0% HP bug is back again.

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #98 of 329
Ninja.. what's your preferred headphone for this game? I'm guessing it's your K702's, but I'm particularly interested how the Alpha Dogs do.

Feb 3, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #99 of 329
  Ninja.. what's your preferred headphone for this game? I'm guessing it's your K702's, but I'm particularly interested how the Alpha Dogs do.

I have mainly been using my Alpha Dogs recently just to put some serious time on it. They do well enough though of course you're not going to get the same insane sound-stage that the K702 offers. Having said that BF4 (and BF3) aren't games where you really need super accurate positional audio for the most part. Most games are played out on huge maps with constant gunshots/explosions going on around making for a very imersive experience but not one that really benefits much from super accurate audio. There are some exceptions to this such as when you are camping as a sniper, or back raging/flanking on Operation Locker. Most of the time though, you're better off getting a pair of fun (i.e slightly bass and treble emphasized) headphones to give you a better sense of immersion rather than ultimate detail whoring. 

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #100 of 329
Thanks for the reply Ninja.. yeah I'm sure once I buy it soon it will be more a home theatre or cinematic experience audio wise, as opposed to pin point accuracy gaming. I have Philips X1's for that, and I'm sure they'll deliver in spades.

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #101 of 329
Woah, just unlocked the ACE 53SV and it is a beast. Had a lot of fun playing with this on Obliteration.

...But now it seems like I'm having some kind of DirectX error and I can't even get in game.

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #102 of 329
New PC patch today:

Feb 13 PC Game Update Notes
-General stability improvements
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fixed an invisible wall that was incorrectly positioned in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain (gotta have dem grass physics brah)

Mantle
-Fix for a crash that would occur when activating full screen in portrait mode
-Fix for stuttering that could appear during video sequences on multi-GPU PCs
-Fix for a memory system leak that could cause stalls, which would result in frames taking longer to process
-Reduced the amount of stalls that occurred when running with high graphics setting that require more GPU memory than is currently available
-Fixed screenshots on multi-GPU PCs

In other news, Titan Mode is coming back!

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #104 of 329
That's cool, I never got to try 2142.

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #105 of 329
How is Titan Mode going to work in a present-day setting? Giant blimps instead of BF2142's huge floating sci-fi ships?

I just hope it plays nice with the netcode this time. BF2142 is the only game since BF1942 to have huge ships one can walk and fight in, on and around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back