Battlefield 2 Bad Company 2: with Grado HF2s
Mar 13, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #61 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maxed out? At what resolution?

My PC is connected to the Pioneer "50" KRP-500M, i think the max resolution is 1920*1200 or 1920*1080, i am not sure

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everything in MW2 seems more fun and geared for FUN and individual skill. The guns are more fun, the vehicles you need to work for are much more fun. Hitboxes and registration make sense in MW2 and they fail in BC2 big time. Unload a half a clip into a mans chest in BC2 and they can survive, sniping is awful and unrealistic in terms of the gravity engine.

Um.... LOL as if MW2 was geared for SKILL HAHAHAHA. MW2 is a joke to people who have been playing real shooters for years. Quake 3 and Counter Strike are skilled based games. Everyone has access to the same weapons and same everything. Everyone has the same health. Everyone is perfectly matched within the game, which only leaves room for skill to vary. That is why those games are so perfectly balanced, if you are better, you win.

MW2 on the other hand has guns with no recoil, DEATHSTREAKS?!?! reward people who are horrible at the game? Yeah, great idea. Then perks, which make the game totally unbalanced and a joke. Then there are killstreaks, so if the game isn't easy enough with a constant UAV, tons of regenerating health, and deathstreaks, you get free kills, for the kills you already got pretty much for free anyways.

People like MW2 because it is pretty, and because it is easy. The game is absolutely deficient in the gameplay category. Unblanced, and poorly executed.

Not to mention registration is horrid in MW2 and makes no sense. There are no dedicated servers, it is a horrible lagfest.

Battlefield, while also being unrealistic at least forces people to play together, which I like, and has destructible buildings, so you don't have people camping with snipers and claymores in buildings for the whole game building up artificial K/DR.

Battlefield looks nicer, is the better made game, and sounds better... I wish I had gotten that one for christmas
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #64 of 91
Quake 3 pwns
biggrin.gif
It practically made Fatal1ty a pro gamer
smily_headphones1.gif
I played for 3 years. Used to play with ex eRa players, memories...
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #65 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by schwallman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last night I saat down and played Battlefield 2. I had read in game informer that the sound was the best in a game to date. I threw on my hf2s and was totally amazed at the quality of the sound in this game. Explosions and gunfire made me think I was actually in the battle. I was hiding behind a wall that was blown away while my back was turned, there was this suction-like sound the explosion made. I felt totally immersed in the game. I played modern warfare 2 a few weeks back and thought the sound was amazing aswell but not like Battlefield 2 at all. So if you have it, throw some headphones on and be amazed. I know people will say they have 7.1 soundsystems they play on, So do I. I just dont get the same feeling while the headphones are on.

Hmm..were you using bagels or bowls? Bagels should give a nice and larger soundstage. I remember using the HF2 with bagels while playing CS:S and the imaging was pinpoint and spot on. The sound quality of the game wasn't that great though.

I'm thinking about getting BF2 too from all the glowing reviews. I play MW2, but not so much now since I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to. I had the first Bad Company and thought that game was alright..not that much people played it though. Should I sell MW2 and get BF2? or just stick with MW2? hmmm...

I'm still waiting for Lost Planet 2 to come out. That game should be so sick!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #67 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audi4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My PC is connected to the Pioneer "50" KRP-500M, i think the max resolution is 1920*1200 or 1920*1080, i am not sure

That is why your 9800GT/sli can play maxed. 1080p is very easy. Now if you tried 1920x1200 then they will not be able to play at Max.
No disrespect to your set up, I had the 9800GT before and wish I had a 500M(droool).

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #68 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off topic: TF2 > All.

Agreed
biggrin.gif

Been playing many kinds of FPS games, and out of all, TF2 is still my choice
biggrin.gif

Its a game that seriously cant be replaced by others.. its that unique and versatile
smily_headphones1.gif

btw i am a pubber.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #69 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is why your 9800GT/sli can play maxed. 1080p is very easy. Now if you tried 1920x1200 then they will not be able to play at Max.
No disrespect to your set up, I had the 9800GT before and wish I had a 500M(droool).

Hi again

I am not a hardcore gamer, and ofcourse the game dont have 60 fps with the 9800SLI, but its ok for me, and the picture is nice even if its only 1080P, as the most signal i feed the 500M
atsmile.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed
biggrin.gif

Been playing many kinds of FPS games, and out of all, TF2 is still my choice
biggrin.gif

Its a game that seriously cant be replaced by others.. its that unique and versatile
smily_headphones1.gif

btw i am a pubber.

I'm a pubber too. I mainly play soldier, medic, scout or demo. I'm a terrible spy
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #71 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um.... LOL as if MW2 was geared for SKILL HAHAHAHA. MW2 is a joke to people who have been playing real shooters for years. Quake 3 and Counter Strike are skilled based games. Everyone has access to the same weapons and same everything. Everyone has the same health. Everyone is perfectly matched within the game, which only leaves room for skill to vary. That is why those games are so perfectly balanced, if you are better, you win.

I am not sure what MW2 has to do with other games. MW2 takes a crap load of skill to be good at. I play with some incredible players every day that will smash you into the ground. If you'd like I'll give you their names and you can 1v1 them, or even take a team of you and your friends 5v1ing my friends, and then we can see if the game is easy and it takes less skill to play than you think. As do any FPS games. Im not sure if you have played MW2, but everyone has the same amount of life until you use Last Stand.

Quote:

MW2 on the other hand has guns with no recoil, DEATHSTREAKS?!?! reward people who are horrible at the game? Yeah, great idea. Then perks, which make the game totally unbalanced and a joke. Then there are killstreaks, so if the game isn't easy enough with a constant UAV, tons of regenerating health, and deathstreaks, you get free kills, for the kills you already got pretty much for free anyways.

MW2 guns have recoil. Why would you say that? Fire an assault rifle or pistol and its all over the place... As in real life, shooting with short bursts drastically reduce recoil, which is what everyone does. Killstreaks are meant to be fun, MW2 doesnt boast realism so its perfectly fine. What is the difference between laser swords and ships in Halo? No difference. It's meant to be fun and your argument is mute.

Quote:

People like MW2 because it is pretty, and because it is easy. The game is absolutely deficient in the gameplay category. Unblanced, and poorly executed.

That is absolutely your opinion and I feel Bad Company 2 is deficient. It is slow, people cant run as smoothly and aim as quickly, you cannot straff left and right when you run, there are lots of things that are unbalanced in Bad Company 2. There are also lots of things unbalanced in MW2, but the latter doesnt boast REALISTIC GAME PLAY

Quote:

Not to mention registration is horrid in MW2 and makes no sense. There are no dedicated servers, it is a horrible lagfest.

This is undeniable proof you never played Modern Warfare 2. Show me a video where hit registration makes no sense. If you shoot someone with a bullet, they should die. In Bad company 2, you need at least 5 direct hits with an assault rifle sometimes to kill someone. No dedicated servers suck, but you can still host private games. It is not a lagfest, your pc and connection just sucks as I have played it with lag being a rarity.

Quote:

Battlefield, while also being unrealistic at least forces people to play together, which I like, and has destructible buildings, so you don't have people camping with snipers and claymores in buildings for the whole game building up artificial K/DR.

A lot of people disagree with you. Look at youtube, there are no videos on the main GAMES section for Bad Company 2. Most people do not want to work together with others, the majority want to go in blow things up and get the best kill score. Destructables is a great idea, but not for a wide open map where things can get destroyed leaving you helpless and with no where to hide at all. Also, I can provide you with hundreds of videos of people abusing spawn killing with snipers and tanks. Once again, this is pure fanboyism at its very best. BC2 is just as crappy as MW2, except SKing in BC2 is more frequent.

Quote:

Battlefield looks nicer, is the better made game, and sounds better... I wish I had gotten that one for christmas
frown.gif

Everything is true there except for it being a better made game, as the list of problems with it equals if not exceeds MW2. A crap load of people disagree with you that its a good game, look at the video reviews of it on youtube or other sites, its not exactly a well loved game. This is what is bothering me about this bad company 2 game. Its supporters all seem like unknowledable kids who really dont know what they are talking about and giving other people faulty information. MW2 sales far exceeded Bad company 2 sales for THIS WEEK alone. The game isnt good enough to make it to youtubes front page, people arent watching videos of it online. So again, I am not really sure what you people see in that game, its just as bad as MW2 is. Its certainly not a MW2 killer, its very much the opposite. MW2 is king and will remain so for a while.

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #72 of 91
Wait wait, people here saying MW2 doesnt require teamwork? Have you at all played Domination or any of the TEAM BASED modes? Trollers need to be marked and flagged for giving bad info to others.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #73 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only good thing is that consoles have so weak hardware and all we get is console ports nowadays you seem to be able to sit with an 8800 GTX for all eternity... I am still maxing 95 % of my games out on this old card. I seldom even have to overclock it
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been using my 8800 GTX for the past 3 years, at 1920x1200 no less. I remember when Crysis came out I thought "Oh crap, my setup is going to be a dinosaur soon" and then nothing of that caliber graphics-wise came out since then. The only reason it seems to have a big gaming computer is for 30 inch gaming.

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #74 of 91
The sound in BC2 is about the best of heard from any game on the PC with maybe the exception of Crysis. I love using my K702's for it. MW2 is a big steaming pile of doo doo in comparison to BC2 and thats a fact of course IMO.

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #75 of 91
Since you stated that, I am going to have to play Crysis again
wink.gif
I maxed it out at about 55fps so I quit lol. Now the issue is I am stuck with an ati 4770 with low fps (dunno yet
tongue.gif
). But...sound is half the fun so I may as well give it a go later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back