Battlefield 2 Bad Company 2: with Grado HF2s
Mar 11, 2010 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

schwallman

1000+ Head-Fier
Last night I saat down and played Battlefield 2. I had read in game informer that the sound was the best in a game to date. I threw on my hf2s and was totally amazed at the quality of the sound in this game. Explosions and gunfire made me think I was actually in the battle. I was hiding behind a wall that was blown away while my back was turned, there was this suction-like sound the explosion made. I felt totally immersed in the game. I played modern warfare 2 a few weeks back and thought the sound was amazing aswell but not like Battlefield 2 at all. So if you have it, throw some headphones on and be amazed. I know people will say they have 7.1 soundsystems they play on, So do I. I just dont get the same feeling while the headphones are on.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 91
Read reviews that this game has best sound effects to date. Major game developing companys are making their efforts in terms of beefed up graphics and forgetting that sound is 50% of fun ! Looking forward to play this game with my denons.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 91
It doesnt have the same "speed" that mw2 does. To me, it feels more real to play. The controls are a little different and took no time at all to get used to. I just played through the first two single player missions and felt I was ready for online play. It has a similar control scheme as mw2, and can be configured that way if you like. I like the upgrade system that is similiar to the way killzone 2 did it. Choose a different class, earn points to be able to do more things with that certain class. I do like mw2, but bf2 just feels right playing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to hijack the thread but: Are the controls between COD: MW2 and Battlefield 2 somewhat similar? I am somewhat "spolied" by the left trigger targeting system in the COD series. I've read good reviews about the game, though.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 91
Sound is top notch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read reviews that this game has best sound effects to date. Major game developing companys are making their efforts in terms of beefed up graphics and forgetting that sound is 50% of fun ! Looking forward to play this game with my denons.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 91
I'm wondering, are you guys using any processing when listening to these games?

I'm a MW2 guy and the sound coming from the Astro MixAmp, when I feel like being quite as I much rather use my 7.1, I get fatigued by the sound of Dolby Headphones.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 91
I find surround sound completely superior in every way to headphones because you actually have true directional hearing. Going from my headphones to my dad's new lounge setup, i have definitely been playing better. I've even been accused of hacking <_< (on a PS3 even!!).

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 91
None here. In game there is a sound setting named War Tapes. This is the best out of them all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeloxlong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering, are you guys using any processing when listening to these games?

I'm a MW2 guy and the sound coming from the Astro MixAmp, when I feel like being quite as I much rather use my 7.1, I get fatigued by the sound of Dolby Headphones.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #10 of 91
I need to figure out how to use my mic with these headphones. I setup the voice to play through both speakers and headset. I can barely hear anyone im playing with. Tonight I need to see about all the other asettings. I know the war tapes setting was probably what was drowning out my teamates.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #12 of 91
didnt notice much of that at all. Some alpha textures could use some cleaning up, but gameplay wise, I had no problems. Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didn't notice anything special.

Guess I was distracted by the bugs, the slowdowns, the shoddy hit registration and the downright horrible gameplay.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 91
This is the only reason why I would get this game. I've played MW2 since it came out and the sound is a bit lacking especially the gun sounds. I've viewed videos on youtube and right away I can tell the dynamics of the sound in this game. The gun fire actually has an echo. That I thought was amazing. Only the SCAR-H gun in MW2 did that. The explosions would be killer on my 5.1 system but will use my Graod 60i's for them as well.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #14 of 91
Give it a try. My friend doesnt want to play it because its not MW2. I personally think its a little bit better than mw2. I consider mw2 a stat padding game. Its just a bunch of running around with no real teamwork involved. Since nothing in the enviorment is destructible, you dont feel the urgency in getting behind cover. I found when I was looking for cover, i had to think about what would last a little longer before it was destroyed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hksvr4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the only reason why I would get this game. I've played MW2 since it came out and the sound is a bit lacking especially the gun sounds. I've viewed videos on youtube and right away I can tell the dynamics of the sound in this game. The gun fire actually has an echo. That I thought was amazing. Only the SCAR-H gun in MW2 did that. The explosions would be killer on my 5.1 system but will use my Graod 60i's for them as well.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 91
I have a question or two I would love answered. I am a MW2 fanboy, but I played BC2 for a few days online, and the Beta since it was released and I hated every moment. I feel CODMw2 VASTLY superior in every sense but visuals.

Can someone please tell me why they feel BC2 > Mw2?

Everything in MW2 seems more fun and geared for FUN and individual skill. The guns are more fun, the vehicles you need to work for are much more fun. Hitboxes and registration make sense in MW2 and they fail in BC2 big time. Unload a half a clip into a mans chest in BC2 and they can survive, sniping is awful and unrealistic in terms of the gravity engine. Sure the graphics dont look as nice, but the maps and overall feel of Modern Warfare 2 is vastly superior to Bad Company 2. I am very confused as to why people are saying BC2>MW2 yet there are virtually no BC2 videos on youtubes front page. This usually denotes the truth as to a games popularity and how good it is. MW2 is still reigning supreme.

I play both often, but I wish to kill someone when I shoot them. This doesnt seem to happen at all in BC2, it requires much more direct hits to kill someone. You walk in simple directions and do not nearly have the freedom in movement as MW2. Bad company 2 is a teamwork game, MW2 is an individuals game. Who plays as a team on random online maps in a FPS? Nobody...

on a final note, i think people are flat out LYING when they say BC2 feels more real or is generally better than Mw2. I'm competed for a hella long time in FPS and from my view, all my friends and teammates purchased BC2 and now have a 50$ plastic box that sits somewhere in their desk or something because they dont ever play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back