Battery life.. 20 hours and more..
Aug 17, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #16 of 44
get a dx90 and a few extra batteries.  the extra s3 batteries are very small and light- the "package" of dap plus a few batteries will be smaller and lighter than many daps are themselves.  you can leave the charger in your luggage.  

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 44
New sandisk sport has 25 hrs battery and good sq.

I have the Sport. It is okay for those who want to put less than 2,000 songs on the player. Its databases have a 2,000 song limit for card memory and 2,000 song limit for main memory. These two databases are separate. One can't make a playlist with songs from both. There is no Rockbox for the Sport. Some put a 32GB Sandisk class 4 micro SDHC card in the Sport, and don't even use internal memory. Sandisk players often have issues with cards faster than class 4. Rockbox does away with that issue on Sandisk's earlier players, however there is no Rockbox for the Sport.

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #19 of 44
Sony E585 77 hours

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 44
Or clip+ and Duracell PPS2 compact USB battery pack = 3O hours or so mp3, 20hrs + Flac/ogg

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 44
Well for me, additional battery is not an option... Additional item, have to take care of charging multiple elements...

I guess Sony (dont know which one though) is the way to go, combining battery, good user experience and good storage... :)

BTW, do you know any place around Sydney where I could test those Sony ? (Sony store close a while ago here...)

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #23 of 44
  consider an amplifier rather than batt charger, they extend life for up to 80hours of play

s3 battery

Length: 5 cm (1.9685 inches)
Height: 6,3 cm (2.48031 inches)
Width: 0,5 cm (0.19685 inch)

weight 35grams

if that's too much for him to carry, how would he ever manage an amp?

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #25 of 44
I have similar problems.

Sony A15 is great. but very low volume output.

I travel for months at a time, already have a extra battery, but having a hard time keeping everything charged.
If i could find an MP3 player whereto i can drag on drop files like a sony, with good battery life good sound quality, and decent portability on top of a SD-slot. id be willing to pay whatever I need.

Even considered Sony Z3c as an mp3 player. but low volume too....

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #26 of 44
Bought a A17... Super light, ergonomic, long lasting battery, not too expensive and above all excellent sound quality.
Regarding the output volume, I never get beyond 50% of the max so far so no problem for me…

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #28 of 44
*quote from another thread*

I've just been listening to the NWZ-A15 (USA bought).

I compared A/B/C with iPhone 5 and Z3c. I used a set of 'Logitech auvora's' (some random over ear 200usd headset I have here at work, but they sound ok).

I Liked the NWZ best, the iPhone was slightly different to the Z3c but not necessarily better.

Either way, none of these devices could drive these headphones to decent volumes.

So to check volume levels i tried a set of Sennheiser CX 215. The iPhone drove these just about right. full volume being somewhere i'd never use. but one click lower would be a usable max.

Both the Sony's wouldn't even drive the in-ears to desired volumes?? they got pretty loud, and would be fine for most occasions but...

Thing is, I'm about to buy FA-4E XB which are slightly more sensitive.  but I'm looking for battery life, sound quality, portability, storage (in that order) as main things. obviously this NWZ would be perfect. but it doesn't go loud enough...  
Am i doing something wrong?
Is there another contender?

Ted

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #29 of 44
where did you buy yours?

could there be difference between A15/A17

I heard Sony Xperia phones have their volume capped to protect hearing. could this be the case here too?

I had a NWZ-E585 with a similar issue. though just enough to drive my shure se215's (usually @ 28-30 when listening loudly).

except for this volume issue i really like this device and i'd buy it if this can be cleared up.

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #30 of 44
The
where did you buy yours?

could there be difference between A15/A17

I heard Sony Xperia phones have their volume capped to protect hearing. could this be the case here too?

I had a NWZ-E585 with a similar issue. though just enough to drive my shure se215's (usually @ 28-30 when listening loudly).

except for this volume issue i really like this device and i'd buy it if this can be cleared up.

The difference is only the storage. A15 16gb, A16 32gb, A17 64gb. No difference in terms of SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back