Battery for Sony D-25 needed? Any Ideas?
Feb 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 10
It's not really a good idea to charge Li-ion batts in an old Sony CD player that was intended for Lead-acid as it could destroy the battery and the unit.

I called the Remote place and that actually don't have that model remote any longer
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 10
The reason people are still looking is the battery powers the Sony D-25, one of the best sounding portables ever made. Lithium batteries will work, but they cannot be charged by the device and may destroy it if the CD player discharges them too deep.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #8 of 10
Okay, didn't know about the issue with Lithium batteries. Not exactly someone knowledgeable on things electrical!

As I am typing this reply, I'm actually listening to a D-25, powered by one of those batteries that I got. I'll post later to inform those interested on how long the battery lasted (this will be based on straight playing, no forwards or back plus at constant volume).

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 10
The battery just cut out a minute ago. This means a life of about 1 hour 45 minutes on a fully charged BP-2ex replacement battery. Hope this helps.

I was hoping that the battery would last through two CDs. It got close.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 10
Your better off purchasing two lithium 3.7v 10440 AAA batts and the propper charger for them off of eBay. Then pick up a small AAA case at Radio Shack, wire them in series and you have significant playing time and easily replaceable AAA batteries enabling you to carry a bunch of batts on a long trip. Just remember to charge them in the lithium charger only and not in the CD player or they could explode. The total cost on this type of setup may cost you around 15 to 20 bucks, not the huge price they want for the custom lithium replacement type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back