Batman Begins
Nov 6, 2005 at 8:10 AM Post #16 of 41
I really loved this Batman movie.

The only problem i have is with the storyline, they storyline skews every movie.

I give up..
rolleyes.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 10:09 AM Post #17 of 41
I quite liked it when I saw it in the theatre, however I was somewhat less impressed now that I bought in on DVD. I'm guessing it's one of those movies that just needs a bigger screen than 28" wide.
frown.gif

/JF

Nov 6, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
As a superhero movie, I didn't like it nearly as much as Spiderman 2 (which IMO is the best film of that genre since the first "Superman."

I'm a HUGE spiderman fan, but I hated both of the movies. Didn't follow the comics, and didn't do justice to the characters. But thats IMHO.

Nov 6, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
As a superhero movie, I didn't like it nearly as much as Spiderman 2 (which IMO is the best film of that genre since the first "Superman."

Oh well... Spiderman at least got his powers from a spider bite....

Batman just kicks ass.

Nov 6, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

The point of "The Batman" was always that he was not a super hero but a detective (original series name) who made villians pay.
What makes the The Dark Night so cool for many is that he is not only a bit twisted,not quite "all there" ,but driven and that is the only reason he comes out on top.No powers other than sheer willpower and if he slips or gets soft he is done.I seem to remeber the original Batman had no problem with using a pistol when it suited him but i could be wrong.Was centuries ago i read the comic books
very_evil_smiley.gif

Best movie of the four only because there was an actual movie there with a scripted dialog and some character building unlike the other three which were all about FX or star quality masquerading as drama.Second best was Batman 1.The others were a total joke and easily dismissed.

just an opinion.my own
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #22 of 41
Yeah that movie is awesome....

Pick up the soundtrack sometime. I thought it was real cool. It fits the movie spectacularly.

Nov 6, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Where is Adam West when you need him?

Doing cartoons. I get a kick out of everytime I see him doing a voice in one. Not just Family Guy, he's been doing cameos in Nickelodeon cartoons as well.

Nov 6, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #25 of 41
Only good Batman movie. I saw it at the IMAX theater too, it was pretty incredible.

Nov 7, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #27 of 41
Ohhhh my gosh this movie was awesome. I paid to watch it in theatres twice, which is a little over the cost of the actual DVD itself. I just couldn't wait, fear-gas Batman is sooooo awesome. I bought the DVD with bonus features from Circuit City. I brought it to my cousin's house, because they have this huge widescreen TV.. I watched it, but they wanted to borrow it, promising they would return it the next day. Seems they liked it a lot, because they "forgot" to bring it back to me. In the meantime I'm sitting here, bored and Batman-less.

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #28 of 41
I was late on this one too and just saw it like two weeks ago. I heard all the praise and I was still very impressed, it was way better than the others.

With the obvious implied sequel bringing the Joker into the mix I worry about the casting because it will be very hard for anyone to top Jack as the Joker IMO... and Michelle as Cat Woman for that matter.

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

With the obvious implied sequel bringing the Joker into the mix I worry about the casting because it will be very hard for anyone to top Jack as the Joker IMO... and Michelle as Cat Woman for that matter.

I think this is a screwup unless it picks up after the Joker somehow survived the fall in Batman 1 (like to see them get around that one !).I can dig a different guy as Batman (four now) but not a total disconnect where what has gone before i sas if it never happened and the Joker is reintroduced as if he never existed does not work for me.When i seen the final credits and the mini-trailer i turned to the wife and said "What ? How they gonna pull that one off since we all know jack IS the Joker ?
confused.gif
"

Not unless he is the Bizzaro Joker anyway
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back