Bassy portable headphone or IEM
Sep 4, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #31 of 44
Can't believe there was only one rec for UM2s....the bass is both clean and heavy...sadly (for hardcore bassheads), it's only heavy when the songs asks it to be. So if you like it bass heavy all the time...you'll need to EQ the music....

FWIW, I'm a hardcore basshead, but I don't like my music to be dark just for bass....I'de sacrifice a little bass if it means a CLEANER sound.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #32 of 44
I love the bass in my portapros. It's strong enough that I can still hear a fair amount of bassy detail while on the train, where there is a fair bit of ambient rumble.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #33 of 44
The FX33 aka Marshmallows have A LOT of bass. The only problem is that the bass overpowers the whole overall sound IMO.

The portapros have a very nice bass. Its deep and strong but dosent take over the mids and highs.

Also, IMHO I think that the k81djs are pretty darn portable cans.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't believe there was only one rec for UM2s....the bass is both clean and heavy...sadly (for hardcore bassheads), it's only heavy when the songs asks it to be. So if you like it bass heavy all the time...you'll need to EQ the music....

FWIW, I'm a hardcore basshead, but I don't like my music to be dark just for bass....I'de sacrifice a little bass if it means a CLEANER sound.

Since they're sensitive, they easily produce hiss in all but a handful of DAPs, and they are also more revealing of poor or over compression. Then, their price. But x2 to your comments, Greg Lake's bass never sounded so good in an IEM!
3000smile.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #35 of 44
ok i juz got the jvc fx33 today, hmm i still its not bassy enough....its only slightly more bassy than my creative ep630, i already changed the earbuds to a double-flanged one, its got good seal, but still not the bass i wanted....i'm looking for something like k81dj bass in a IEM or smaller portable headphone...any suggestions? so are dtx50 or superfi-EB the ONEs? also tried the px200 and k26p too, both also not bassy enough on my ipod shuffle 1st gen.....

next up to try mylarXB, dtx50, superfi-EB, ath sj5, px100, ksc75....anymore suggestions for portable bassy?

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #36 of 44
I would go with the super.fi 5EBs and never look back.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #37 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would go with the super.fi 5EBs and never look back.

is the ipod shuffle 1st gen enough to power that high end IEM?

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by only500made /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it should.

but to end your dillemma, just go to the dt770s + amp route. you might be spending more money when upgrading all the time when you can probably afford to end it now.

but i already have the k518dj for home use, im now juz looking for something more portable than that to listen to 'on the go'.....so the superfi-eb have that full body rich headphone sound with bass in an IEM?

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp0ssibled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i already have the k518dj for home use, im now juz looking for something more portable than that to listen to 'on the go'.....so the superfi-eb have that full body rich headphone sound with bass in an IEM?

Pretty much, and it shouldn't be too hard to drive with your shuffle either. Don't forget, the key to having the best sound is having a good seal.

Sep 9, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #42 of 44
tried superfi5-eb today....i guess i was trying to replicate a bassy headphone sound in a IEM, which i think its not possibled rite.....i was looking for the rich full body sound, but somehow it didnt have it....guess i juz have to bring the k518dj outdoors with me then

another choice would be ath-sj5, but that also looks abit big, its only slightly thinner than k518dj

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #43 of 44
Have you tried the Sennheiser PX-100?

This bomb makes well recessed, deep bass and rich sounds

Also very portable! Surely they're must-have cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back