Bassy portable headphone or IEM
Aug 30, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 44
eek.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would also recommend the Future Sonics Atrio m5 if you can get it.

ok i will check that one out too, thx

this is soooo sinful.....

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the headfi curse! Are thre any shops selling the Furuesonics in Singapore?

i dun think so, so i guess i have to strike that one out of the list, now i guess its between superfi5-eb and k26p.....how bout ath sj5? or other recommendations?

btw im not an audiophile i think, but juz that i seem to like strong bass alot now since i got the k518dj......ahh....i already sold off my mylar3 becoz couldnt stand its 'bassless' sound now, but i still can accept my creative ep630 to some extend though...

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:19 PM Post #19 of 44
Play some music you love that have detailed Mids and Highs with these heavy bass phones before you buy.

Bass is awsome, but later when you play some music you love that is detailed, and the bass distorts or muffles the rest, you may not like it.

I hope there is a store you can go to demo these phones and IEMs before you buy them.

Good Luck

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #20 of 44
sufer-fi shall have nicer bass than cx300

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp0ssibled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dun think so, so i guess i have to strike that one out of the list, now i guess its between superfi5-eb and k26p.....how bout ath sj5? or other recommendations?

btw im not an audiophile i think, but juz that i seem to like strong bass alot now since i got the k518dj......ahh....i already sold off my mylar3 becoz couldnt stand its 'bassless' sound now, but i still can accept my creative ep630 to some extend though...

You can get FS Atrios on ebay, via roaddogonline, for $130 US, and they will ship global, but the S&H/customs could be expensive. Having said that, the M5 is the IEM for you.

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Play some music you love that have detailed Mids and Highs with these heavy bass phones before you buy.

Bass is awsome, but later when you play some music you love that is detailed, and the bass distorts or muffles the rest, you may not like it.

I hope there is a store you can go to demo these phones and IEMs before you buy them.

Good Luck

yes there are 2 stores infact, jaben and stereo electronics in sg....jaben was where i tried the dtx50 which i felt its bass was only slightly stronger than my ep630....and stereo electronics was where i tried the k518dj and never looked since....

omg...does this make me a Basshead now? i seriously didnt think i was one when i was juz using the ep630 n mylar3 b4 then....

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #23 of 44
I would take a good look at the Atrio M5 . This is an iem that can actually produce bass extremely well , rather than just over-emphasising it . It would be fairly easy to produce a bass heavy iem (eg. Super-Fi EB). Not so easy to deliver a qualitybass orientated sound signature , that doesn't simply overpower the rest of the music. I listen to a lot of extremely bass orientated stuff ( drum 'n bass , dub reggae etc) and the Atrios reproduce it all very impressively..... rather than just giving me that loud bass thump that I've heard with other seemingly bass orientated 'phones .

Aug 31, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by subfocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would take a good look at the Atrio M5 . This is an iem that can actually produce bass extremely well , rather than just over-emphasising it . It would be fairly easy to produce a bass heavy iem (eg. Super-Fi EB). Not so easy to deliver a qualitybass orientated sound signature , that doesn't simply overpower the rest of the music. I listen to a lot of extremely bass orientated stuff ( drum 'n bass , dub reggae etc) and the Atrios reproduce it all very impressively..... rather than just giving me that loud bass thump that I've heard with other seemingly bass orientated 'phones .

but that one is not sold in sg, im not the type to order something overseas to be shipped....maybe the superfi-eb then? ahh but the price is expensive....wished for something cheaper like the mylarxb or dtx50, but too bad the dtx50 bass didnt seem to cut it with my ears, damn you EARS!! think they are 'spoilt', with both meanings too [spoilt for choice, and spoilt in the aural sense...haha]

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #25 of 44
I spent a short time demo-ing the K81 at the bay area meet. If memory serves me right these were at least as bassy, if not slightly more... FX33, portapro, Mylar XB, DT770-80 (needs amp)

Of those 4 I rank them as follows from most bass to least bass:
DT770-80 (needs amp)
FX33
portapro
Mylar XB

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #29 of 44
actually im juz looking for something thats sounds like the k81dj but more portable version....how bout the px200, hows that one's Bass n SQ compared to the k81dj?

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp0ssibled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually im juz looking for something thats sounds like the k81dj but more portable version....how bout the px200, hows that one's Bass n SQ compared to the k81dj?

I think that the portapros would be more bassy than the px200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back