bassy IEM's under $300 that don't wrap over the ear
Sep 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

pretzel

Head-Fier
Hi guys

I'm in the market for a pair of IEM's. I was them to be bassy (powerful).

I'd like them to be the "normal" design where the cord/cable goes straight down rather than going around the ear. I have a pair of shure e5's, but i find these pretty uncomfortable to wear due to the cord.

I've noticed the victor fx500 suit my criteria. I just wanted to check whether there were other IEMs to consider?

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pretzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys

I'm in the market for a pair of IEM's. I was them to be bassy (powerful).

I'd like them to be the "normal" design where the cord/cable goes straight down rather than going around the ear. I have a pair of shure e5's, but i find these pretty uncomfortable to wear due to the cord.

I've noticed the victor fx500 suit my criteria. I just wanted to check whether there were other IEMs to consider?

Thanks!

Does this mean you want them to be bassy?
biggrin.gif

I think the Denon C710 are good options as well. In fact, I happen to prefer them some to the FX500 and thin that they have greater impact in the bass than the FX500 does. They might be a good bet!!

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 11
the bass power of the victors isn't all that tbh, its certainly there but its strength in the bass department is deepness and natural sounding.
Plus I couldn't get a comfortable fit with the victors going down so wear them up over the ear. YMMV

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 11
Isn't anyone gonna recommend the IE8s? Hehe By the way, a bit OT, is Alhambra far from Orange County? And is there a really big diff between
235 S. Marguerita ave. alhambra, california. 90081 USA and
235 S. Marguerita ave. alhambra, california. 91801 USA?

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't anyone gonna recommend the IE8s? Hehe By the way, a bit OT, is Alhambra far from Orange County? And is there a really big diff between
235 S. Marguerita ave. alhambra, california. 90081 USA and
235 S. Marguerita ave. alhambra, california. 91801 USA?

naa coz they are $400 IEM's IIRC, OP's budget is $300

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 11
Victors have the best bass i've personally heard. Although, I thought the bass sounded a bit naff through an iPod touch, a bit boomy....

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 11
I'm kind of falling in love with my gym phones: the Altec Lansing Backbeat Titanium 326. At $26 a pair, buy 10.

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #10 of 11
IE8 has powerful bass, mid-bass. The C710 has powerful deep bass.

What genre of music do you listen to. IMO there are many choices, but what is best depends on personal preference and what you listen to. For example, the IE8 is fantastic with live recordings, most rock, and classical, and other acoustic music. It is a tossup between the C710, WM2, and IE8 for trance and other electronic. The IE8 has the best soundstage, but lacks the deep bass the other 2 have. All can be worn cable down.

So other than them being "bassy (powerful)," what else is important to you? Soundstage, detail, treble, smooth or sharp, laid back or forward?

Sep 24, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #11 of 11
TF10Pro: has great bass impact with detailed live mids and good highs, it's most detailed IEMs with big bass(pop, country, rock).
IE8: has crisp, punchy rich bass which does create immersive experience with big soundstage and great instrument separation, great IEMs for everyday fun listening(pop, hip hop/rap, R&B).
Klipsch Image X10: has big deep smoothest bass(quite amazing for it's size) and it's overall clean and rich sounding IEMs(rock, R&B, pop).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back