bassy IEM (~150$) needed
Feb 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

broove

New Head-Fier
I have never used any IEM, so I wanted to try them. Right now I am using Sennheiser HD212 Pro (with iriver H340), and I like them a lot... a typical basshead.
I was thinking about Super.fi 5EB, however they are too big, and look stupid in ears. Also I heard that shure e4 has extended bass, but some people say the opposite. Don't know what to do.. Can you recommend something, please?

I understand that there are a lot of similar topics, but I haven't found what I wanted jet...

Feb 28, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 23
Thanks for reply..
What about highs and mids in fs1? Bass is very important to me, but we can't forget about the rest of spectrum... I need bass for breaks or DNB, but I also listen to chillout/ambient too and some people says that there are problems with sound balance in fs1..

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by broove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for reply..
What about highs and mids in fs1? Bass is very important to me, but we can't forget about the rest of spectrum... I need bass for breaks or DNB, but I also listen to chillout/ambient too and some people says that there are problems with sound balance in fs1..

I too want to know more about the fs1. There isnt many responds to them. How is the mids/highs compared with?

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ety ER4P/S + Comply tips + Good seal = Incredibly punchy bass. I'm sure many people might disagree but I find it just spectacular

I suspect this is the first time someone answers by offering the ER4's to someone wanting lots of bass.

Feb 28, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 23
Jays J-Jays are advertised to be very deep and plenty in bass. Dunno for sure cuz I havent tried it myself. But they are surprisingly small, so they wont look stupid.

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #12 of 23
Regarding the FS1, the highs are actually more present than one would expect considering the amount of bass. They sound really good to me but I don't use them that much since I don't like heavy bass playing directly in my ear. They do have an overall pleasing sound and are definitely worth the ~$50. They extend really deep and if you love bass the slight trade off in the mids is worth it. They are also very comfortable with the foam tips and provide excellent isolation.

edit: right when these came out there were a few negative reviews regarding the tips and the lack of bass. The two were obviously related and Xtreme recently changed the standard tips which are now more comfortable and provide a better seal.

Feb 28, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #13 of 23
If you are open to canalbuds, try the Sennheiser CX300 and Vmoda BassFreqs. Both have booming bass with good impact (that you can feel...
basshead.gif
) and are very comfortable. Isolation isn't too bad either...of course not as good as a true IEM.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #15 of 23
lots of bass and good mids/highs? take any bassy consideration here...

i would say super.fi 5pro/eb. maybe the v-moda bass freq's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back