Feb 28, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #16 of 23
V-Moda Vibes

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #17 of 23
EP630s arrived today and...
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Bass is very strong, maybe a little bit bloated on very bassy trance songs. The mids and highs are not that detailed but not badly distorted or harsh (I find marshmellows too harsh, even with Kramer mod which does help a lot). And Ive only listened to them for 45 minutes, burn-in might help even more. Downside: microphonics. Overall: GREAT for 30 bux plus shipping. nice compliment to my um1s

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Bass is very strong, maybe a little bit bloated on very bassy trance songs. The mids and highs are not that detailed but not badly distorted or harsh (I find marshmellows too harsh, even with Kramer mod which does help a lot). And Ive only listened to them for 45 minutes, burn-in might help even more. Downside: microphonics. Overall: GREAT for 30 bux plus shipping. nice compliment to my um1s

yes burn them in. i find that after about 30hrs pink noise, the get too shrill in the treble. leave them for one day and i find that the bass cleans up alot. to prove this, I play CS:S and when i shoot an M4 w/silencer, it sounds like shooting inside of a box - really airy womph. then after some PN, the bass tightens and it is a lot better w/o the fakeness.

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ety ER4P/S + Comply tips + Good seal = Incredibly punchy bass. I'm sure many people might disagree but I find it just spectacular

even i disagree

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #20 of 23
x2 - although I find the ER-4P's to have perfect (perfect for a universal IEM, especially in its price range) bass, quality AND quantity-wise. However, I don't think that the OP would be satisfied with the ER-4P's... Everyone's perception is different. Maybe he has higher bass requirements than we ER-4 users do
etysmile.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

After 12 hours of burn-in, highs are no longer harsh but now very balanced and the bass is no longer bloated but very controlled and fast while still being very heavy. Trance is excellent on these. really cheap too!

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #23 of 23
^ That was my experience too. After several hours of burn-in (without me listening during) they seemed to really improve. The way you fit them in your ears makes a HUGE difference. You've figgered that out, but for anybody else who tries them...play with the fit and the rubber tips a lot. The EP-630's cost about a third of the Sennheisers here in ripoff country, and looked just as well made to me, on the outside. I feel a lot better about using the EP-630 as a daily carry, not so bad if something happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back