Bassy headphones for under $200 (AU)
Jan 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

b0b1010101

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I am currently looking at some good headphones with a lot of bass but not too much to drown out the mids and highs. I mainly listen to house, trance, techno and dubstep. I will not use an amp and it needs to be durable and portable enough to use all the time. I considering either the v-moda crossfade lp/lp2 (what's the difference) or the audio technica pro 700 MK2. Thank you!!

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 18
To my knowledge the difference between the lp and lp2 are very minimal and most to the overall look of the headphone. I have the lp's and love them. I also just bought the beyerdynamic custom one pros and those have insane bass. A good on ear set is the Sol republics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 18
Hi, I would through in The Ultrasone Pro550 or DJ1 Pro (both very similar) as a suggestion for bass and overall performance with the types of music you listen to. The bass on my DJ1 Pro always impresses me and suits modern music. Build quality is good aswell

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
Do the sonys still have some what ok mids and highs?? Are they durable and portable??

Hmmm I missed the need for wanting nice mids and highs too. Well I would truthfully probably say a pair of DT 770 (80ohm) or the Custom One Pros give some very nice bass.( the 770s more so IMO) The overall sound is great and the warm/enjoyable sound from both these headphones are great. Probably one of my favorite headphones that are sup 200 dollars. 

cheers

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #9 of 18
Hi, I would through in The Ultrasone Pro550 or DJ1 Pro (both very similar) as a suggestion for bass and overall performance with the types of music you listen to. The bass on my DJ1 Pro always impresses me and suits modern music. Build quality is good aswell

Hmmm I missed the need for wanting nice mids and highs too. Well I would truthfully probably say a pair of DT 770 (80ohm) or the Custom One Pros give some very nice bass.( the 770s more so IMO) The overall sound is great and the warm/enjoyable sound from both these headphones are great. Probably one of my favorite headphones that are sup 200 dollars. 

cheers

How are the sound leakage on those and how does the SQ compare to the lp2 and pro700MK2

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
How are the sound leakage on those and how does the SQ compare to the lp2 and pro700MK2

Sound leakage for both beyers are average for a passive isolation headphone. Most headphones at full volume can be heard, but at about 50-70 % volume from say an iphone etc, probably very little once on your head with a good seal. Sound quality I would take the the DT770 over the Custom One Pros, but the Pros have more features that can make up for the slight difference in sound quality. I would take Both over the LP2 or 700mk2 ANY DAY. 

cheers

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #12 of 18
ohms is the units, impedance is the resistance that can be measured in ohms

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #14 of 18
For quality? Not necessarily

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #15 of 18
Apparently the Beyer 770 pro limited edition have less sibilance/treble than the standard edition. I loved the bass on the 770's but the treble was too strong at the same time and became fatiguing for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back