bassy canalphones!
Jul 27, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #16 of 22
gotta love head-fi...the original poster states that his max is like $40 Canadian, and everyone keeps on chatting on about super.fis and e5s.
wink.gif

for your budget, i believe your only real options are like the sony ex71 (which supposedly has tons of bass) and koss the plug. there's a lot of info on both here if you search the forum.

if you can stretch your budget just a little, i would strongly recommend doing so for the Shure E2Cs. If you keep your eye on the used gear forum you can probably find them for more like $60 Canadian, maybe even a bit less. They run about US$60-70 new now. I think their sound is really hard to beat for bassy genres at the price.

-jeff

Oct 3, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #18 of 22
i made the jump from ex51(71) to e2c recently. it took my brain a while to readjust to the much tighter bass of the e2c's. there definetly is bass there, its just not in your face like the ex51's are. midrange is much better than the ex51's as well, and the highs arent as screechy as the ex51 (which really got to me in the end).

anyway get the e2c or er6i if u can scretch the budget a lil more.

Oct 3, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar
for your budget, i believe your only real options are like the sony ex71 (which supposedly has tons of bass) and koss the plug. there's a lot of info on both here if you search the forum.

if you can stretch your budget just a little, i would strongly recommend doing so for the Shure E2Cs. If you keep your eye on the used gear forum you can probably find them for more like $60 Canadian, maybe even a bit less. They run about US$60-70 new now. I think their sound is really hard to beat for bassy genres at the price.

Actually for this country the ex71's aren't in that budget, as sad as it is. The cheapest e2c's I was able to find was 69$ US on ecost that I ordered with a couple other things. I'm far from a good deal scrounger, and generally hate searching for things on the internet, it's such a hassle
rolleyes.gif
, but I didn't really find the e2c's for anything less than 109$. And even if it was a few bucks cheaper somewhere else, they're still twice his budget. New that is. If he can find a used pair, I say go for it, expand the budget a little!

Man, Canada sucks for this stuff.
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #22 of 22
I just picked up some Apple in-ears. Compared to my now dead EX71's, they have a little more bass, and it's a bit tighter, and overall they just sound better. MUCH better build quality as well.

As far as the EX71's, I don't recommend them. They're way too fragile and for the price, they're not worth it. My friend's gone through two pairs, and mine just kicked it.. they made the extension cord stronger than the regular cord, go figure.. you can practically sneeze on them and they'll tear.

I've read lots on the Panasonics that they sound great, though build isn't the best.. but they're not likely going to fall apart in your hands or anything. Futureshop just starting carrying them for $39. If you don't mind the color (silver/black) I think you'd be happy with them.. this is of course just going on what other people have said, but it's all been positive.

One day I'm going to save up and buy the Super.fi EB. I have a feeling they'll provide the bass I crave.... someday....
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back