Bassiest (32 ohm or less) over-ear headphones???
Oct 18, 2009 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

musik_lover

Head-Fier
Hi everyone again,

I'm looking for the bassiest headphones (impact, quantity, depth) that have a very low ohm (32 or below) so I can use it with my ipod.

I bought the K181DJ and it sounds GREAT (bass-wise) but it just doesn't go quite loud enough for me.

I have an ipod video (5G). I don't care about "overall sound quality" I just want what the title says please.

Any help?

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by musik_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone again,

I'm looking for the bassiest headphones (impact, quantity, depth) that have a very low ohm (32 or below) so I can use it with my ipod.

I bought the K181DJ and it sounds GREAT (bass-wise) but it just doesn't go quite loud enough for me.

I have an ipod video (5G). I don't care about "overall sound quality" I just want what the title says please.

Any help?

Stick with the K181 and just go buy an amp for god's sake. iBasso ftw.

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 21
lol @ Chris

Okay maybe I'll do that. I was trying to avoid that but maybe I will just do it.

@Chinesekiwi,
No, I have no budget.

PS: If I go with iBasso, which do I get? I know nothing about iBasso sorry.

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #7 of 21
Do you wear this setup outside or indoors? If youre using it indoors the iBasso D2+ is a pretty awesome DAC+amp, the P3+ is Opamp swappable. I would recommend the D2 if you can lug around a bigger amp due to the sound fidelity it is capable of out of a computer.

If you want something to use side by side with your ipod, the ibasso P4 reigns surpreme due to the fact that half the time you wont even know it's in your pocket.

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 21
JBL reference wow.......

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no budget?

Then the JH13 Pro lols ($1000+)
Or the Sennheiser IE8 or JVC HP-FX500.

Please add 5EB, M5 and S70 lol............

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #11 of 21
Excuse me those are IN-EAR though I said "over the ear"
smily_headphones1.gif

iBasso P4, I'll look into that.

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #12 of 21
I think JBL Reference has the most big, punchy bass i ever heard on fullsized headphones......

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by musik_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont know much about electronics, but is the impedence the correct thing to be looking at? Wouldn't sensitivity give a better idea of how loud you can go for a certain amount of power provided?

HeadWize - Article: A Quick Guide To Headphones (A HeadWize Headphone Guide)

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #15 of 21
Don't limit yourself to 32 ohm. Any portable headphone can be driven from an ipod.

For example, the porta pro and ksc75 are both 60 ohm and easily driven from an ipod.

Even my 250 ohm beyerdynamics sound good from my portable players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back