Bassheads Only? Sony Announces "Extra Bass" Series
Mar 17, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #31 of 41
"more bass than you could ever want or need."

This only makes sense when it reads "more MONEY than you could ever want or need."

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
15x652h.jpg

From left to right: MDR-XB700, MDR-XB500, and MDR-XB300

This just in: Sony releases the first line of headphones you can have sex with!

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm tempted to edit the thread title to the above statement, but I think I'll pass.
tongue.gif

EDIT:

Quote:

Reason: computer glitch tried to eat my arms

Wait, what?

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Don't even want to know where you got that from!

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

LOL!! I can see it now... the next line of questionable videos featuring these headphones on the actors.

May 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #39 of 41
isnt there anyone that has tried both hfi580 and xb700? care to give comparison?

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #40 of 41
Just tried xb-300 today at walmart while getting my car oil changed. The flat cable is sure interesting, very light headphones (especially the well-designed thin headband), and very soft huge cushions. Sound signature is much more balanced than Bose, less mids and highs but perhaps that's better because kids just up the volume to hear bass, they're less likely to damage their ears if using headphones with such vibrating bass. Low-end is really exceptional hehe, it makes me wonder how close it will get to real life bass if connected to a high fidelity system instead of the demonstration music and setup.

One thing though, I think the xb-300 vibrations might've induced a nosebleed
tongue.gif
. This is the second nosebleed I've had in the last 7-8 years hehe, it happened after I listened to those headphones for ~5 minutes so I went to the restroom and didn't get to listen anymore
tongue.gif
. Pretty fun headphones if all you care about is bass which is exceptionally detailed for $40.

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #41 of 41
I tried the XB-700 several times at SonyCenter with the Walkman X1000 series. Honestly, to my ears, it is a good phones.
smily_headphones1.gif
. They are a bass oriented headphones, with quite decent mids and high, just enough to make me realized there were other sound around the deep bass sound.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think it more toward 'darker' sound signature. Imagine how it sound like with eq + Clear Bass +3.

The earpads/cushions are exceptional, and yes, there are like cushions/sofas/pillows. Comfortable too. I don't know whether it going to be sweaty after long hours listening or not. Anyway it is a fun headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back