Basshead Headphones
Apr 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

bboytymee

New Head-Fier
Hey I was wondering if anyone can suggest to me a set of headphones with insane amounts of bass and sub-bass. I want that club room type bass. Of course I want decent-good mids and trebles also. My budget is around 100-200, thanks!

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 14

Quote:
Hey I was wondering if anyone can suggest to me a set of headphones with insane amounts of bass and sub-bass. I want that club room type bass. Of course I want decent-good mids and trebles also. My budget is around 100-200, thanks!

Sony XB500 with a Fiio E11 set to EQ2. EQ up the mids/treble.

Otherwise, you're just going to need to get actual subwoofers frankly. Headphones really cannot do club-bass.

Very best,

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 14
While no headphone will give you bass you can feel in your whole body, at least bass-boosted XB500 will be enough to create a small earthquake inside your head. I remember the moments as a ZO + XB500 owner when there was so much bass pressure created you could feel it tickling your ears (after all we're speaking of 15db+ bass boosts here so no suprise here), this at volume levels when mids/highs are "normal" listening volumes or less, just you could feel the sound pressure from the lows wanting to escape between the pads and your ears, insane for a headphone. Q40 can reach those levels too with help of ZO2.1 starting at level 8 or so out of 32, with XB500, level 1-2 was enough. :p

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 14
I disagree with his assessment, personally. I used to like both headphones but as my headphone taste matured I realized that both are incredibly colored and I don't think I would recommend them, even to a basshead. 

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
Is the Sony MDR-XB700 basically an upgrade of the Sony XB-500?

XB700 will give you a more glaring highs and treble, you need to heavily EQ them to make a more linear sound... the XB500 sounds duller at the top, but more fun to listen to as they make a smoother treble. the XB700 would deliver more of a rumbling bass instead of a punchy bass

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:

To get club type bass you've got to move lots of air.

Headphones obviously don't do that.

But there are plenty of "basshead" headphones, some mentioned already.
And check out some of the basshead headphone threads on the forum.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #9 of 14
I heard the V-Moda Crossfade LP2 has intense amounts of bass whilst still maintaining great treble and midrange. It looks great too.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #10 of 14

Quote:

And also if you just care about insane bass, get the Audio Technica PRO700MK2

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
And also if you just care about insane bass, get the Audio Technica PRO700MK2

true but keep in mind these are not the most comfortable headphone out there.

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #12 of 14
How is the treble on these things. Cause I'm looking for a great bass and (thanks to this awesome forum) I almost bought the Ultrasone hfi580, until I read about the harsh treble (also thanks to you guys). And that being the only reason why I'm looking for an upgrade...
I'm a total noob and my english is not that good + I only have a simple iPod and mostly listen to Spotify (please respect that).

Can you give me some advice, I'ld really like that, cause I'm loosing my mind reading about headphones, maybe I should just buy the Beats Pro...

And btw, the Sony XB line just looks stupid imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back