Bass with clarity HELP!!!!!
Apr 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #16 of 28

Quote:
Already have a headphone amp, still not cutting it for the m50's. I think i'm gonna get the 700mk2's and call it a day haha. Thanks guys!!! Anyone know where I can pick them up in store? I live in san diego cali. If not I'll just order online, but I'm sooooooooooooo impatient......

Cool. Well, if you're that impatient, you can have them overnighted from Amazon. You just have to decide if the additional shipping cost is worth it.

Either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy them when they arrive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #17 of 28
There have been very recent posts here at HF regarding D2000's being sold for $215.00 -- you might want to check them out.

Apr 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #18 of 28
Bought the 700mk2's just now off amazon with 1 day shipping!!! I'll do a mini review once UPS decides to deliver them tomorrow and compare them to the ATH M50's and XB 500's. I hope I didn't just waste 200 bucks.....
confused_face%281%29.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:
Yeah, that's the second thing I'm going to do after ripping the box into tiny pieces. Do it affect the sound though? (with the m50 pads that is).

I don't recall it affecting the sound too much, but they're way more comfortable.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #22 of 28
Well I just received them and have been listening to them for about 1 hour and MAN these things RUMBLE. The bass is deep, punchy, and definitaly gets the job done. The mids are a bit more recessed then the m50's or the xb 500's sadly and the hi's are much less harsh then the m50's, which. They are a bit tight on the head, nothing a bit of stretching won't fix though. The overall sound is a bit muddier but not as bad as the xb's, however this is right out of the box. I'll give another update once i have around 40 hours of burn in and the m50 pads swaps on em.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #23 of 28
Good call. I have the m50, pro700mk2, xb700 and xb1000 - and the pro700mk2's will probably suit you the best. They're pretty much m50's with better bass. The xb's are messy in comparison, especially the xb1000.

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #25 of 28
ahh yes the good'old basshead question.. xb500 vs pro700mk2.. man i cant wait for mine to arrive, sooo impatient its been like a month
mad.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #27 of 28
Sounds like Q40 had been a better option in this case as you already have an amp too which these headphones benefit from. These have plenty of PUNCH in the bass you're looking for, properly amped similar amount of punch as XB500 but quantity wise the XB500 is like adding on top of that bass that is more softer and enveloping and resonating due to the design of the cups/material used while Q40's bass is snappier, textured and punchy (hits hard with great impact but doesn't sound quantity wise quite as bassy as XB500 but reasonably close). The highs are very neutral sounding, not recessed or soft from lack of resolution as XB500 but neither edgy/sharp or metallic sounding which M50 is like on the border of being with most/some people.

I also disliked M50's highs and thought bass is lacking and XB500's bass isn't over-the-top quantity wise for me but I do appriciate higher quality bass response though and after hearing Q40 the XB500's bass response quality really sounds very lacking in refinement but I find Q40's bass response to even greatly surpass the price point of $120 too so so it's no suprise and despite handing out a ton of bass boost to the headphone whereas it starts sounding like XB500 in quantity or even surpass it, even then the bass response doesn't affect the mids by any noticable amount as the bass always seem to remain controlled no matter how much you boost it (I'm a ZO owner that have tried adding like 10dB worth of bass boost to see how it handles it and it passed the test with great satisfaction haha).

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #28 of 28
Well not its not going to be a fair review anymore after burn in hahaha because I got a new sound card (x-fi titanium hd) but MANNNNN these headphones hit super hard. It now truly is like having 2 subs on your head. SUPER RUMBLING BASS. This is the setup.... X-fi titanium hd > fiio e6 in neutral and the sound settings in game mode with 7db increase to bass boost cutoff at 60hz and the eq in a ever so slight v shape with a boost to 31Hz and 62 mainly. volume at 42% on computer then fine tuned with fiio e6 so i don't hear any clipping (If you adjust the volume on the card with that much of a bass boost it will distort at above 55-60 percent). I truly am super happy now!!! 100% has more bass than the xb500's in quantity and quality with this setup with the mk2's. I even compared them side by side while eqin the xbs and the mk2's still came out on top. I highly recommend this setup for any true bass head. Feel free to swap the e6 with a better headphone amp, but i think it works great as a volume booster while using the sound card as a preamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back