Bass test track recommendations
Jan 8, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #18 of 29
I see Lorn, I give it a like.
The kick in that Lorn track is borderline scary 🫣 I pumped up the volume quite good when I listened to the track, and the kick made me jump in my seat 😳

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #20 of 29
Bass! How low can you go?

OutKast's "The Way You Move" has a descending three-note bass arpeggio as it begins. Some IEMs don't play the third note, the lowest one, at all.

In Hans Zimmer's "Why so Serious" at around 3:25, everything drops out but a nearly sub-bass tone that probably shakes the floor in Dolby theaters. Some headphones just find the rumble, some don't reach that low and some still find the sound of an instrument in it.

James Blake's version of "Limit of Your Love" amasses sustained bass as it goes.

Massive Attack's "Angel" will clearly show if your bass is bleeding.
I found V-Moda Crossfade Wireless have less thump/rumble on Why so Serious but surprisingly more "musical" than Campfire Cascade.

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #21 of 29
In Hans Zimmer's "Why so Serious" at around 3:25, everything drops out but a nearly sub-bass tone that probably shakes the floor in Dolby theaters
I love this part. My kef q350 can pick this up but I feel like it will sound a lot better if I were using a powerful class A amplifier instead of the budget class D amp I have right now.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #22 of 29
I have a few test tracks I use with a blend of instrument and digital bass effects. I mostly use these for bass/mid but they are good all rounders too.
  • Lydia - Let it Cover Me Up - Gated kick and synth throughout, good bass around 2:45 on.
  • Gus Dapperton - Wet Cement - synth bass texture coming in at 1:31
  • David Maxim Micic - The Flock amazing bass texture throughout, fun bass guitar and kick drum layering and texture around 2:30
  • Yosi Horikawa - Bubbles - uh.... I advise you just listen if you haven't 😂
  • Sugarpill - Space Foray - Electronic Glitch Hop track with bonkers clean bass and bass texture.

Feb 24, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #24 of 29
For sub bass testing in particular, I'd offer Losing the Light by Explosions in the Sky and I second (or third) the Angel by Massive Attack recommendations.

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #26 of 29
A few of my favorites for assessing bass quality overall (I have all of these on a Spotify playlist, if interested!):

Daft Punk - Solar Sailor (that bass line from the get-go...)
Pylot - Brawl
the intern - Levitate
A.L.I.S.O.N. - Vesperale
Koresma - Pull Me Through
deadmau5 - unjaded (ov) - Mad Zach Remix
UMI - say im ur luv
Amber Mark - What It Is

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #27 of 29
Round and round - Pink floyd
Yet another movie - Pink floyd
In the turning away - Pink floyd - live version
The Devil's Den - Skrillex
Long after you're gone - Chris Jones
Sould Provider - Michael Bolton
Drum Solo - Gojira
Ri Na Cruine - Clannad

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #28 of 29
After seeing it listed twice, I've now learned that Clannad wasn't just an anime. :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back