bass quantity in portable amps
Mar 25, 2009 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

naddy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking to find an ultra portable amp that has the most bass quantity (quality also important but strictly looking in terms of quantity right now)? Following is a list of the amps I'm interested in:

RSA Mustang P-51
RSA Tomahawk
Ibasso T4
Leckerton UHA-3
C&C Box+
C&C X0
C&C F1
Little Dot Micro+
Little Dot MK I+
Go-Vibe Petite
Go-Vibe Magnum
Headamp Pico
Practical Devices XM4 or XM5

I have been trying to research these different models but it is hard to figure which of these have the most bass quantity? Can you guys help me out here?

Thanks alot!

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 14
From what I've read about the P-51 it has very nice bass. I own the XM5 and with the bass boost(+6dB @ 100Hz) it surely adds some heavy bass...which I only use for ER4 with very good results for when I need some slam.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass' quality and quantity would mostly depend on your IEM/HP and the music you listen to. So you also have to state both.

I mainly listen to rock, alternative, pop, rap & hip/hop. Amp would be used w/ artrios, turbines, sony ex700lp, ultimate ears UE5c.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 14
yes, you will find a couple of amps that have a bass contour knob/switch; but in general the point of getting an amp is to increase the quality, not to colour the sound. if you want oodles of bass get headphones that have oodles of bass. like the denon D2000 (unmodded), atrio M8, UE Superfi 5 EB. even the most bassy amp wont give you as much bass as getting HP that perform in this area already. best bass knob i've heard is the lisa III, but thats gonna be outside you budget I would think and for someone who clearly doesnt care too much about the overall quality, it would be a bit of a waste anyway lol.

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #6 of 14
i think xm4/5, P2(discontinue), and hornett(not in your list) have the most quantity of bass.
btw, Fiio E3 also not bad for its price
biggrin.gif
, yeah we talk about quantity not quality, so E3 can become competitor too
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 14
omg how can you leave out the predator....

with a pair of decent iem/headphone....it will shine.

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #9 of 14
iBasso T4 with the dfkt bass boost mod should give insane amounts of bass

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 14
Shown is bass reponse for the Practical Devices' XM5 with the bass boost enabled. As far as I've seen, almost no other manufacturers bother to measure/quantify/publish this sort of thing.

(Click to expand)
Attachment 15686

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #14 of 14
Hows the Corda 3Move in bass quantity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back