Bass on AKG 430s
Jan 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Darkwun

New Head-Fier
I'm extremely close to buying some of these as opposed to some Goldring DR150s as the prospect opf decent mids for the price is appealing, i was wondering all the feedback seems to be that they aren't amazingly bassy, my problem is i listen to hip hop, drum and bass and dubstep so bass is definitely a factor for me

I have a Poweramp app on my phone which has a 10 band eq and i've just bought a sansa fuze which will be getting the rockbox treatment so my question is......will a decent EQ set up conpensate for the bass i "may" be missing out on or should i save my funds and buy a pair of HD202 IIs and loose myself in a world of mud and bass while using the EQ to compensate for the mids and treble??lol

Any feedback is welcome

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 3
When I played with the EQ on my computer I was able to get a decent sound out of the K430, improving the bass quite a bit. Unfortunately in my case my portable solution is an iPhone which of course has the worst EQ features in the world so I ended up selling the K430. Using rockbox you should be able to get pretty decent sound out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back