Bass: NWZ-S738 vs NWZ-X1050
Oct 4, 2009 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Eqric

New Head-Fier
Hi i currently got a Iaudio d2 and its a amazing player, however i am planing to buy a new one and i am thinking of NWZ-X1050 or NWZ-S738. I have read on many differents forums but i still cant decide which one to buy.

I listen to all kind of music but i want deep and nice strong bass. I have read on forums that the NWZ-1050 got less bass then S738.
So what player has the "best" "bass" of those two? and will i notice any different from my old D2 compare to NWZ-S738 and NWZ-X1050?
L3000.gif

Thanks alot
regular_smile .gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 7
Here we go again - Eric, I appreciate that you want the best DAP for you, but the only way you will find what you are looking for is to listen to these DAPs for yourself. I own quite a few DAPs, including the two that you initially wanted to compare, but you have lost me with the D2 question.

mid_daps001.jpg

End of the day, you have to hear them for yourself.

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 7
I know this doesn't anwer your question, but I've got the Cowon D2 and my brother has a Sony S616F. When listening the same tunes through the same cans in both, the D2 wins in bass clarity, IMO. Bass on the Sony can get a bit messy if ClearBass is jacked up too much. Mach3Bass, on the other hand, increases the punch without making the bass bloated, even at "more than reasonable" levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back