Bass-heavy Portable Cans?
Sep 8, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much as i loved my Denon's, lightweight, comfortable, the midrange could have been sharper, and the bass deeper.

If you're still referring to the D1001, recable them and ALL your issues with these cans will be resolved. Mine are recabled with L-4E5C and the sound change is down right glorious, and has closed my want to get the D2000.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you mind sound leakage? if not, the V-jays from Jays are very, very good and bassy. light, look quite nice too.

I think the V-jays are kinda ugly. It's just not beefy enough to look good.. Then again, looks don't explain SQ. I want something that looks more like the Jays c-Jays.

Anyone with personal experience with the Sony XB series? They seem like they're really worth the Money. XB300 can be had for $30 (which I doubt I'll go for such a low-end model), XB500 can be had for around $50ish, and the XB700 which is ridiculously huge is around $80? I'm really digging the XB500, it fits to my somewhat portable, yet bassy needs. Plus, the price is just right and leaves me extra for either a JVC RX700 or another IEM.

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #19 of 23
Any experience with the Sony XB300, XB500, or XB700? I'm thinking about getting the XB500 + RX700..

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #20 of 23
XB700+XB500 are by far the darkest, muddiest and most comfortable hearphone I've ever worn. I wouldn't get them.

Go for a refurb'd ES7 from Buydig.com for 55 shipped if available.

ATHES7BKRB | ATH-ES7 Refurbished Portable Stainless Steel Headphones (Black) | BuyDig.com

Buy a large (iPhone?) screen protector from ebay and shape it to fit the ES7, or use plastic wrap (carefully applied though!) to avoid scratching. It's sort of like an iPod. Easily scratched. Very easily.

Link to screen protectors from ebay in china (Slow, but cheap! I'm waiting on 3 screen protectors, free shipping, 11 cents!) ---> screen protector, great deals on Cell Phones PDAs, Video Games on eBay!

Oh, and don't hold of on the RX700. Graphicism (Along with many others) gave me high hopes of the RX700. It supposedly stacks up with Denons, minus the comfort (But you can mod the junk out of itto fix that, but also be careful there
wink.gif
).

Good luck

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #21 of 23
Benaiir, so I should get the RX700 immediately? I've been hearing A LOT about the RX700 and how they're worth it for the price.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #22 of 23
Ill have to add in the Sennheiser px100. Great sound for the size/price, and the bass really surprised me.

Whatever you get theres a vendor on this site offering a deal on px100's with every order; get them and spread the love.

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #23 of 23
Just tried the XB500 today at Best Buy and they were indeed, EXTREMELY comfortable. It did have a lot of bass but not much to WOW me. I think I'm going back tomorrow to test them again, but I bet it'll sound better with my Zune since BB tends to "pumps up" their music to make their phones sound good. I think I'm sold on the XB500..

I still want to try the XB700 and XB300s though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back