Bass heavy IEMs?
Dec 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ceekay84

100+ Head-Fier
Are there such things as bass heavy IEMs? How do they compare to the cans? Surely, they cannot match the output of what cans have to offer in the low bass department? If money was no object and I had a choice of either the ES530 or the Westone 3's, which should I go for? I own the the Super Fi Pro 5 and I think the Highs are too much for me sometimes... Maybe it's because of the song quality. The lower-end needs to be fuller and tighter. But in general the Super Fi 5 Pro is a good set of IEM. The only reason I'm venturing into getting a new set of IEMs is because the right earpiece is falling constantly off the prongs of the wire...
mad.gif

My music splits into many genres but mostly RnB and club music. My collection of songs are mp3s with 256k-320 at the highest. Which IEM will give me a clean defined bass without hearing too much of the innaccuracies in recorded music? This is a big investment so I want to make sure I make the right decision...

Dec 27, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there such things as bass heavy IEMs? How do they compare to the cans? Surely, they cannot match the output of what cans have to offer in the low bass department? If money was no object and I had a choice of either the ES530 or the Westone 3's, which should I go for? I own the the Super Fi Pro 5 and I think the Highs are too much for me sometimes... Maybe it's because of the song quality. The lower-end needs to be fuller and tighter. But in general the Super Fi 5 Pro is a good set of IEM. The only reason I'm venturing into getting a new set of IEMs is because the right earpiece is falling constantly off the prongs of the wire...
mad.gif

My music splits into many genres but mostly RnB and club music. My collection of songs are mp3s with 256k-320 at the highest. Which IEM will give me a clean defined bass without hearing too much of the innaccuracies in recorded music? This is a big investment so I want to make sure I make the right decision...

Ue style fitting, it is something I never could possibly understand(it fits me ok though)

IMO, go for the se530 if you can fine it cheap.. 400+USD wouldn't be a smart choice. se530 output a good and clean bass and the highs is not as emphasized and laid back and slightly rolled off, but I am sure it is pretty much the way how you want the highs.( according to your opinion your feel towards 5 pro.)
Westone3 has tighter bass IMO and goes deeper for me. but might not be a lot of them(5 pro output a lot bass IMO)

and if bass is REALLY what you care, go for 5 eb, but again, the fit is a lot worth than super fi 5 pro.

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 6
Atrio M5 or M8

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 6
If you care about bass, you'll go for the Atrio M5/M8 (Black/Blue). At this time, no other IEM really compares for bass reproduction. The Super.fi 5 EB is muddy and gross compared to it (I own both).

Dec 27, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 6
Want some bass heavy IEMs? Just get some of those cheap chinese iems.

Have fun with your mids and highs though. You probally cant even hear what they are rapping about but the bass would blow your ears away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back