Bass Heavy IEMS under $100
Mar 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

HottSushiz

New Head-Fier
Well i somehow lost my Sennheiser CX-300 and my back up JVCs so now I'm earphoneless so looks like i have to go in ear shopping again. 

Now I'm looking for the most bass heavy in ears under $100NZD, I'm either going to purchase them in a online store or here in New Zealand, depends which one is cheaper. I've spent a few hours researching different ones like the Klipsch Image S4 and the Hippo VB but i can't seem to find a one unanimous most bass heavy in-ear under $100, probably because everyone has different preferences. I listen to a wide range of music genre from hip hop/rap, to dubstep house electro, even pop, classical, alternative, or indie rock.

So here i am asking on the forums i lurk constantly so please can anyone help me.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 10
Give the Fischer Audio Eterna a try ... I own a pair and they are definitely one of the most bass heavy IEMs I have heard under $100. To be honest, their sound signature takes a little getting used to (especially if you listen to other phones that provide a more clinical sound), but I have grown to enjoy them. They are reviewed in the IEM Roundup thread here...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-229-iems-compared-altec-lansing-uhp336-ue-superfi3-hippo-10eb-added-03-11-12

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 10
The Soundmagic E10 is very well regarded. In the US it is around $35, so I guess you might be able to buy it for under 100 NZD.

If that is out of your price range or unavailable, the meelectronics M21 looks interesting. If you can't get that either, the Panasonic RP-HJE450 should be easy to get.

Can you get the Klipsch S4 for under 100 NZD? I have a feeling it might be much more.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 10
Cheap, solidly built from metal and strong bass -- JBuds J5.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 10
I'll recommend the Hippo VB, they're regarded as having bass just below / on par with Monster Turbines, they also have variable bass plates so you adjust the bass to your likings.....I can give you a link to where I bought mine in Australia for $78. I own the SoundMAGIC E10 and they're really fantastic, you'll think you're listening to IEM's twice the price. But...if you want extra bass that goes down 'deep deep' into sub bass regions check out the VB's.

Here's a link to the shop.

Jaben Audio — Australia's Headphone Store | Melbourne | Earphones | Amplifiers | IEM

And a review on  Hippo VB....

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cts=1331614318333&sqi=2&ved=0CD0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.headphonereviewhq.com%2Freviews%2Fhippo-vb-headphone-review%2F&ei=QMxeT_8k8JmJB5nm2OIH&usg=AFQjCNG3Z3TzThhDZqduoq1-eSV69mB4bg&sig2=veX68qIDJiVG83m7EFcE4A

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #7 of 10
Went ahead and purchased the Hippo VB which have exceeded my expectations. The shipping and processing was amazing. It only took 3 days from ordering them online to me listening to them as i write this. I shall be ordering more from Jaben.

Another thing to note is i also received the Hippo Pearls free of charge? Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh and if your wondering about purchasing the Hippo VB i 100% recommend them. It's free shipping world wide, how can you resist?

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Went ahead and purchased the Hippo VB which have exceeded my expectations. The shipping and processing was amazing. It only took 3 from ordering them online to me listening to them as i write this. I shall be ordering more from Jaben.

Another thing to note is i also received the Hippo Pearls free of charge? Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh and if your wondering about purchasing the Hippo VB i 100% recommend them. It's free shipping world wide, how can you resist?

I'm glad you're happy with them, I actually ordered my pair on Monday from Jaben unfortunately the left hand side has more bass than the right, they have agreed to send me another pair right away without sending the others back until later. I didn't receive any free pearls though, you got lucky there! I agree their service is by far excellent.

If you can, put a bass heavy track on listen to the sub bass carefully, does it sound louder on one side than the other? like an uneven feeling?  I think my pair was just defective. I'm hoping the problem is not consistent as I enjoyed the sound of the VB.

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

I'm glad you're happy with them, I actually ordered my pair on Monday from Jaben unfortunately the left hand side has more bass than the right, they have agreed to send me another pair right away without sending the others back until later. I didn't receive any free pearls though, you got lucky there! I agree their service is by far excellent.

If you can, put a bass heavy track on listen to the sub bass carefully, does it sound louder on one side than the other? like an uneven feeling?  I think my pair was just defective. I'm hoping the problem is not consistent as I enjoyed the sound of the VB.

Hmmm i don't seem to have that problem. I only get that uneven feeling when i have different silicon tips on each ear or when i have the different bass plates. Oh and i suggest be really cautious with the bass plates. i have already lost one of the 3 dotted bass plates somewhere in my room 
frown.gif
. hopefully it will turn up somewhere. Luckily i prefer the 0/2 dotted bass plates.

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Hmmm i don't seem to have that problem. I only get that uneven feeling when i have different silicon tips on each ear or when i have the different bass plates. Oh and i suggest be really cautious with the bass plates. i have already lost one of the 3 dotted bass plates somewhere in my room 
frown.gif
. hopefully it will turn up somewhere. Luckily i prefer the 0/2 dotted bass plates.

Thanks for confirming. I'd prefer receiving that answer, It's actually what I wanted to hear from you.. I think my pair was simply bad luck and having this new pair tested beforehand helps me rest assured some more. I know..the bass plates are tiny, so small. if you can find that 3 dot plate from then onwards use the open case as a container for them. Tip them out into the cup of the carry case when you're mucking around with them. Then straight back in the little baggie tucked away in the slip of the carry case. but I have a feeling you will stick to the 2 dot plates.

Cheers! Enjoy your VB. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back