Bass Heavy Headphones
Jan 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #16 of 28

Quote:
Bowei how do you think the combo of ultrasone pro 900 and zo2 would work for someone who is looking for "consumer" type bass? Im in the same boat as op but didnt realize it untill I read your post. Thanks btw.

hmmm i don't have the Pro 900's. but the ZO2's would not be a worthy amp for the Pro 900's. there have been many problems and support problems with that amp. manypeople have since jumped boat(me as well) to the E17 which is worthy.

But yes. audiophile and consumer bass is differnt. how do you know which is for you? well you need your own thread and after much questioning from us ranked head fi'er its easy to tell. what genre's you listen to is important. If you like Lil Wayne, Rhiana, DRake, Lady Gaga, katy perry..mainstream music. the Sony XB1000 might be a better one at this range. They are $300 and have great bass, and audiophile mids and highs. the first audiophile accepted headphone in this whole generation :) 
so yeah. you can either tell me all the stuff right here or make ur own thread.

To know what you want. Demoing them is also important. Go down to your local best buy or guitar center and demo a bass heavy audiohile headphone(if tehy have one) and then teh XB500 or XB700 (almost always have tehse) then come back and tell us what kind are you.

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #18 of 28

Quote:
Bowei,
Have your heard the E17? I was under the impression that it want released yet and that only a handful of people (Cleios, Mike from Headfonia) have actually heard them.

no i'm on the boat for one. and i've practically stalked the threads for Clieos and HeadFonia. it was comapred to the ZO2. I would get these. the ZO2 does not have released specs..and it's small. i doubt it packs over the 250mW @ 32 Ohms that the E17 does.

i don't think i said anywhere that i have heard them. i just recommended them as a option

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #19 of 28
Okay, I just wanted clarification because I've seen several of your posts today where you've recommended something that you obviously haven't listened to, and giving some questionable advice. I know you're trying to be helpful, but you should really disclose that fact before you start throwing recommendations at someone. 

This is completely off-topic, because I don't follow the ZO2, and I love Fiio products in general. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #20 of 28

Quote:
Okay, I just wanted clarification because I've seen several of your posts today where you've recommended something that you obviously haven't listened to, and giving some questionable advice. I know you're trying to be helpful, but you should really disclose that fact before you start throwing recommendations at someone. 

This is completely off-topic, because I don't follow the ZO2, and I love Fiio products in general. 

I always add words and stuff in(almost always) on recommendations that i haven'theard. if you read a lot of posts. a lot of people haven't heard them either. just basing off what they have heard "about" them, and deduced from it

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #21 of 28
The XB 500's have crazy bass. If you are the type of person that sub's it in the vehicle you will like them. It can be eq'd to sound less muffled and the bass goes low enough to vibrate your earlobe. ear pads are super comfortable but i dont know about it being stylish or portable. They are semi open? headphones so they dont really block outside noise that great. constructions seems kinda cheap feeling to me. I have had them for over a year and are still in great shape but i dont throw them around in a back back or take them outside.

Oh and they will ruin you by making you think every other headphone is bass light.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 28
Hey guys, one more question. I will be getting the V-Moda Crossfade LP.
Is it worth getting a headphone amp for this set of headphones? I'm leaning towards not getting one, because of price.
If so, which amp?

Thanks,
Prohgress

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #23 of 28

Quote:
Is it worth getting a headphone amp for this set of headphones? I'm leaning towards not getting one, because of price.
If so, which amp?

Thanks,
Prohgress

I don't know how easy it is to drive these headphones. due to the 32 Ohms(not as important as sensitivity, whichh isn't listed) i would say an E6 could drive these well

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #24 of 28
Another bass heavy option is the $30 JVC HAS600. Some might tell you to buy the $70 Creative Aurvana Live instead.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #25 of 28

Quote:
Another bass heavy option is the $30 JVC HAS600. Some might tell you to buy the $70 Creative Aurvana Live instead.

I don't know about the JVC's but the CAL's....bassy? My HFI 580's are more bassy than the CAL's(based off what people say) and I would say my HFI 580's are not bassy at all for prohgress. He wants the thump. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #26 of 28

Quote:
If so, which amp?

Thanks,
Prohgress

I don't think you would need one for these headphones. But I haven't tried them with an amp.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #27 of 28
For open bassy phones, the DT990s (especially the Pros). They sound incredibly clear, with some serious bass. Seriously the best bass in terms of quantity to quality ratio over any closed basshead can.

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #28 of 28

Quote:
For open bassy phones, the DT990s (especially the Pros). They sound incredibly clear, with some serious bass. Seriously the best bass in terms of quantity to quality ratio over any closed basshead can.

Beyers are a good choice and were given. however prohphet already bought the LP's and from a conversation with him i could tell he wanted to keep it in the $110 area total for headphone and amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back