Bass boost plug-in for foobar...do you know any?
Nov 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi. I am using foobar with EQ and i finally have reached "the perfect" sound with my HD650. but I feel like more deep bass kick will not hurt. do you know any nice bass boost component for the foobar..? something that boosts up the really low frequencies? ( ...say 20-50 hz) the regular EQ doesn't have this options, and i am looking for something that will operate together with my EQ settings.
thank you.

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 17
OSS/3D seems to have one...
OSS/3D :: About OSS/3D

Code:

Code:
[left] * 10-band high quality equalizer * Sound fattener * 3D stereo expansion * Bass enhancement * Fidelity control * Psychoacoustical delocalization * Virtual Subwoofer * Ambience/Reverberation control * Environment simulation * High frequency restoration * Speaker response correction * Preset pack included * Relaxation helper included[/left]

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 17
thanks krmathis! it has some more cool stuff I maybe could use.
do you think i can use it together with the foobar's EQ at the same time?

EDIT: ah...just noticed, does it cost money? and i maybe afraid that it wouldn't work with the latest foobar version..?

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 17
No idea if it can be used together with the Foobar2000 EQ.
Yes, it cost money. But there are a 30-day trial, which could answer your first and last question.

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 17
I would highly recommend HDPHX. With my HD650 i use it all the time. Actualy it is a Cross-Feed Plugin, but it also boosts the low-end a tad just perfect for the HD650 i would say :)

All you need is a foobar vst wrapper
http://www.yohng.com/foobarvst.zip
And the HDPHX Plugin:
Refined Audiometrics Laboratory

Then you add the dsp wrapper to your list of DSPs and will geht another icon down there in your task bar. This is the VST Wrapper which then lets you include the HDPHX.dll

Just try it and let me know whether you like it with your HD650, too :)

Bye
cross aka Matthias

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would highly recommend HDPHX. With my HD650 i use it all the time. Actualy it is a Cross-Feed Plugin, but it also boosts the low-end a tad just perfect for the HD650 i would say :)

All you need is a foobar vst wrapper
http://www.yohng.com/foobarvst.zip
And the HDPHX Plugin:
Refined Audiometrics Laboratory

Then you add the dsp wrapper to your list of DSPs and will geht another icon down there in your task bar. This is the VST Wrapper which then lets you include the HDPHX.dll

Just try it and let me know whether you like it with your HD650, too :)

Bye
cross aka Matthias

I don't know...I am really looking for something a little more etreme in the low end. I am already boosting the 55-110 hz but need a little boosting in the lower registeres. well, thanks anyway for the advise but from what i searched so far, i don't think there is such a plug-in.
i will just have to be satisfied with the regular EQ i guess.

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #7 of 17
Get the VST bridge for foobar and Electri-Q (free version).
That eq will let you boost frequencies down to 20 Hz.

After you saved your preset you can get rid of the vst bridge and eq if you want: convert the unitpulse2k.wav impulse response file with DSP (vst bridge) enabled and use the resulting file with the convolver.

Enjoy.

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 17
ewww, compression
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know...I am really looking for something a little more etreme in the low end. I am already boosting the 55-110 hz but need a little boosting in the lower registeres. well, thanks anyway for the advise but from what i searched so far, i don't think there is such a plug-in.
i will just have to be satisfied with the regular EQ i guess.

Well, at least try it then, cause it is 100% compatible with the regular EQ! (btw don't boost bass too much on the HD650. Heard about several people killing their drivers this way!

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OSS/3D seems to have one...
OSS/3D :: About OSS/3D

Code:

Code:
[left] * 10-band high quality equalizer * Sound fattener * 3D stereo expansion * Bass enhancement * Fidelity control * Psychoacoustical delocalization * Virtual Subwoofer * Ambience/Reverberation control * Environment simulation * High frequency restoration * Speaker response correction * Preset pack included * Relaxation helper included[/left]

It doesn't work on foobar2000 v1.0
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back