bass boost on ad2000s WoW
May 9, 2006 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

coolshot

500+ Head-Fier
so yeah i went back to my xfi sound card cus i got tired of switching around and stuff. I even got lazy from switching from my game mode to my highly eq'ed entainment mode/audio creation mode. If you read any of posts about ad2000s they produce clean tight base but not really slam. Well now its not the case. Using the game mode base boost(well treble booster too as i set it to boost all freq). Damn i think i found my sound. Very fun, warm with tons of slam and nice details. Not so much its harsh piercing highs and weakness revealing, but it lets you hear all the good stuff you wanna. Used with my millet i can feel the diaphrams vibrate now giving me tons of slam. Sounds really good to me. Its night club meets symphony hall. Unfortunately i dont have great results with the a900ltd but oh well.

only downside is the pulses of sound/air is slightly fatiguing now. Before i could go a few hrs straight now i gotta take a break shortly after an hr.

May 9, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Nice report! I've always wondered about bass boost types of products, and other such EQ thingies (I'm pretty non technical). The AD2000's are quite an impressive pair of headphones, but I'd agree that their bass "quantity" may be an issue for some people. No problems with their bass quality. In fact, it's as clean and coherent as can be, so I'd love to hear them with a bit of a bass boost one day.

May 9, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 4
I've been preaching on behalf of Team Bass Boost for quite a while now

Come join the Team
basshead.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back