Basecurve of Contact Lenses
Apr 1, 2006 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
I was wondering how important the basecurve of the contact lense is. I noticed that different models of lenses only come in certain basecurves. I use Acuvue 2's right now, and they come in 8.3 and 8.7. However, I was thinking of trying Bausch and Lomb Purevision (BC 8.6), to see if they are better lenses.

If I tried this would I have a problem? Is basecurve important for the fit of the lense?

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 7

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
I was wondering how important the basecurve of the contact lense is. I noticed that different models of lenses only come in certain basecurves. I use Acuvue 2's right now, and they come in 8.3 and 8.7. However, I was thinking of trying Bausch and Lomb Purevision (BC 8.6), to see if they are better lenses.

If I tried this would I have a problem? Is basecurve important for the fit of the lense?

Honestly you usually can't tell the difference between contact lenses unless you have problems w/ your eyes drying out or an astigmatism. I use to were a version of Purevision and they were going to quit making them because of competition so my eye doctor switch me to acuvue 2's. I couldn't notice the difference between the two.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 7

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Well i'ved always had problems with halos and double vision with these contacts, so I was curious if switching to another type or manufacturer would make a difference.

I don't have any of these problems with glasses.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 7

Gabe Logan

1000+ Head-Fier
I say give some new ones a try.I got a different brand of contacts called optix (i think) and the first day i was having a blurry unfocused at close ranges kind of vision.It cleared up after that so it was a minor thing.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 7

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
You might need something specific for your eyes, I know there are several different types. I would definitely talk to an eye doctor about it, they should know what you need. Double vision and halos definitely aren't normal.

Users who are viewing this thread