Basecurve of Contact Lenses
Apr 1, 2006 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
I was wondering how important the basecurve of the contact lense is. I noticed that different models of lenses only come in certain basecurves. I use Acuvue 2's right now, and they come in 8.3 and 8.7. However, I was thinking of trying Bausch and Lomb Purevision (BC 8.6), to see if they are better lenses.

If I tried this would I have a problem? Is basecurve important for the fit of the lense?

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
I was wondering how important the basecurve of the contact lense is. I noticed that different models of lenses only come in certain basecurves. I use Acuvue 2's right now, and they come in 8.3 and 8.7. However, I was thinking of trying Bausch and Lomb Purevision (BC 8.6), to see if they are better lenses.

If I tried this would I have a problem? Is basecurve important for the fit of the lense?

Honestly you usually can't tell the difference between contact lenses unless you have problems w/ your eyes drying out or an astigmatism. I use to were a version of Purevision and they were going to quit making them because of competition so my eye doctor switch me to acuvue 2's. I couldn't notice the difference between the two.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 7
Well i'ved always had problems with halos and double vision with these contacts, so I was curious if switching to another type or manufacturer would make a difference.

I don't have any of these problems with glasses.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 7
I say give some new ones a try.I got a different brand of contacts called optix (i think) and the first day i was having a blurry unfocused at close ranges kind of vision.It cleared up after that so it was a minor thing.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 7
You might need something specific for your eyes, I know there are several different types. I would definitely talk to an eye doctor about it, they should know what you need. Double vision and halos definitely aren't normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back