Baseball
Jul 11, 2002 at 3:39 AM Post #31 of 34
daycart, that's ridiculous. They didn't pitch because the managers really didn't want that responsibility, because those pitchers weren't their's. The pitchers would have and could have pitched if no one had said anything. It makes perfect sense, they just went about it the wrong way.

Jul 11, 2002 at 3:54 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i really hope you realize that you are a cow being herded toward the intellectual slaughter house by the country's collective marketing department.

That's how I feel about people who use pure synthetic oil in their crankcase.

Baseball sucks. I could care less if they strike.

Jul 12, 2002 at 8:06 AM Post #33 of 34
Baseball is the greatest game ever concieved. I would really hope that in the future those who have denied the game it's respect will not be so dimwitted in the future. Now, the people that play baseball, thats a different story... BUT baseball itself is sacred, to blaspheme baseball is to blaspheme the very history of the United States and the many people who fought to make this country as great as it is today.

I love baseball for many reasons. One of my favorites is the idea of the "team". You could literally, go to the field, play an entire game and not do a damn thing except stand there with your glove on. (if your in the AL) I love that the team may or may not need a player. As a 3rd baseman I can attest to this boredom, only to be rudely awakened by a rocketing line drive right at my nutsack... It takes a kind of zen awareness to play baseball. It's like being a monk, you stand around on the field and meditate, and when it's time to act you spring forth like a tiger.

The fielders you see, aren't really playing. It's a two man sport. Pitcher vs. batter. The fielders are just there to make up for the pitcher when he ****s up. They aren't playing a game, they are just waiting for the ball... Waiting, waiting, waiting, POW. It's all over... Waiting, waiting, POW. It's all over. And you know, somehow all this zen is actually felt by the fans. I like to see 50,000 fans watching a pitchers duel and actually caring. Eating hotdogs, talking, listening... Listening, of all sports, baseball is one of the few that is simple enough that one can watch by listening. I can hear it now. Ahhh, baseball, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

And baseball is not ART, HA, baseball does not represent anything, baseball just IS. Baseball is beyond us all, it's one of the supreme accomplishments of humankind.

It's just the greatest game ever, I suggest you revaluate your hatred for such a pure and wonderful sport.

Jul 12, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #34 of 34
After putting it that way, I think I will!

Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron

It's just the greatest game ever, I suggest you revaluate your hatred for such a pure and wonderful sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back