Bargain headphone nirvana...
Jun 16, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
If they sound anything like the Koss KSC-35, then I completely understand. It's just a good balanced headphone that is cheap and fun to listen to.

oh but they are so much better. titanium+foo really.

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 27
I just cut holes in the foam.. WOW, theyre much more alive sounding now. Its like they can breathe and whisper things into my ears!!! I cant believe I waited this long to do this mod.

*edit*
Im listening to a joe Pass concert on the KSC75 as I type this.... I can hear audience members in the background cough and move around in the distance!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
From a $15 earclip phone!!

Garrett

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 27
I love how you have that poor amp cranked to 2 O'Clock.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I love how you have that poor amp cranked to 2 O'Clock.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah... did your DT770 loose some sensitivity after the mod... or something
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
.... JK.. sweet rig. SR71 is on my wish list.

Garrett

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #21 of 27
Oh for crying out loud! I just get my e2c and have some Sony's in the mail and now another good bargain recommendation? Yikes, where am I going to put all these things!? Worst part is I think I saw these at Best Buy and I just bypassed them because I didn't recall reading anything about them here. Oh well, it's only my hard earned cash.
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by pretzelb
Oh for crying out loud! I just get my e2c and have some Sony's in the mail and now another good bargain recommendation? Yikes, where am I going to put all these things!? Worst part is I think I saw these at Best Buy and I just bypassed them because I didn't recall reading anything about them here. Oh well, it's only my hard earned cash.
tongue.gif

Dont sweat it too much... heres the cheapest place I found:

http://www.provantage.com/buy-7KOSS1...9-shopping.htm

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2
I know this has been posted before, but I'm a new member of the KSC-75 fan club and simply must post about my complete surprise and satisfaction...
<snip>
Don't get me wrong, the e2cs are a decent entry-level canalphone, and are great for situations where isolation is required, but they just weren't well suited for using at my job and don't provide the level of detail that the clip-ons provide.

I've been contemplating the E2C as a way to get into canalphones, but reading your comments, I think I'll skip (may go for the ER6i). I'm very surprised that the E2C don't provide the level of detail of the clip-on.

How do the KSC-75 compare to your SR60?

For $20, I think I'll grab some.

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
I've been contemplating the E2C as a way to get into canalphones, but reading your comments, I think I'll skip (may go for the ER6i). I'm very surprised that the E2C don't provide the level of detail of the clip-on.

How do the KSC-75 compare to your SR60?

For $20, I think I'll grab some.

very similar spectral balance. SR60 is more dynamic... quet passages are quieter and loud passages are louder than the KSC75. SR60 is tighter all around and more tight sounding. KSC75 is a little loose and flabby by comparison.

Note aso that while there IS a difference, it is relatively small. IMHO the KSC75 is 85% - 90% of an SR60. Cut a hole in the earpad foam and the KSC75 opens up further and the dynamics increase. Although they still cant quite touch the dynamic impact and tight/focused feel of the SR60.

If you find the grado sound to bright and overbearing, the KSC75 is the next brightness step down from there. Note also, the SR60 is ~$79 shipped. You can get a Cmoy or PA2 + KSC75 for that price. Amped KSC75.... NOW yer talking, amped the KSC75 cleans up and tightens up its focus. IMHO it beats out many unamped ~$80 full sized cans.

IMHO of course
Garrett

Jun 17, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
very similar spectral balance. SR60 is more dynamic... quet passages are quieter and loud passages are louder than the KSC75. SR60 is tighter all around and more tight sounding. KSC75 is a little loose and flabby by comparison.

I just stopped by CC on the way to the office, and picked up the KSC75 (on sale for $18.99). I've been listening for the past hour, and you're description is right on the money. These things are great, and you can't beat sound quality at this price.

These are my first clip-ons. It was a little tricky to get them on the first time (I looked for instructions in the packaging but there were none
biggrin.gif
). I can't even feel them on my ears.

Garrett, I dubbed thee the Official KSC75 Evangelist. I finally succumbed to your efforts.

Jun 17, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #27 of 27
I completely agree with what has been said, for the most part.

Someone suggested the KSC75s to me, got them for $15..and have been VERY pleased. After a bit of use and slight bending, they fit fairly snug to my ear. I like the fact that they sort of snap apart easily..so nothing breaks permanately.

I predict I will use them for a long time, even with a DAP (I use a Panny CD player now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back