Bargain alert: Yamaha DVD-S1700 for $79.99
Jun 19, 2009 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
J&R has this universal player (SACD, DVD-A, Redbook) at al all-time low of $79.99 with free shipping. These are new, not refurbs.

Not necessarily the best player out there, but that kind of markdown has to be considered a bargain, and a great intro to the hi-rez formats.

Cheers!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 10
Price upped to $99. Still a good buy.

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J&R has this universal player (SACD, DVD-A, Redbook) at al all-time low of $79.99 with free shipping. These are new, not refurbs.

Not necessarily the best player out there, but that kind of markdown has to be considered a bargain, and a great intro to the hi-rez formats.

Cheers!

smily_headphones1.gif

Do you own it? How would you describe the sound quality as compared to other CD players?

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bixby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you own it? How would you describe the sound quality as compared to other CD players?

No, but "The Absolute Sound" reviewed it pretty well last year.

I think at the current price (even $99 now), it has to be the best bargain in universal players atm. If I wanted to taste hi-rez for the first time, I'd be all over this.

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but "The Absolute Sound" reviewed it pretty well last year.

I think at the current price (even $99 now), it has to be the best bargain in universal players atm. If I wanted to taste hi-rez for the first time, I'd be all over this.

On the back of the player there are 2 RCA outputs for audio labeled mixed 2 channel, what is this for? Is this regular stereo or some wierd ambient recovery type setup? And to just get stereo would you just use the 2 front RCA outs? I am mostly interested in it for a cd player.

Also read several posts on other sites describing tracking difficulties with regular and burned DVDs. Any issues from owners out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back