Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX
Apr 7, 2021 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

epaludo

Headphoneus Supremus
I am thinking about buying a pair of Beoplay HX mainly to work from home. I have used a H8i for many years and also H9. The reviews says the sound signature changes quite a bit towards a more neutral aspect, removing the attenuated bass found in the older models. That is something that attracts me greatly, so looking forward to hear about it. Also the adaptive ANC seems like a major improvement from the predecessors. I wonder how that compares with competition (Airpod Max, Sony wh-1000xm4, Bower & Wilkins PX7)? Not that it would lead me to any of them, but just out of curiosity.

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 3

bedlamite

100+ Head-Fier
I guess this is the official thread, then?

I own the first-gen H9 so I’m long overdue for an upgrade. Should be grabbing the HX in the next month or so but the recent announcement of the Portal might have put a wrench in those plans. I’m a heavy Xbox gamer so it’s like the Portals were made for me. Thing is, I’m very much preferring the aesthetics of the HX.

Very interested in any comparisons coming up, though YouTube content for the HX and the Portal seems to be pretty sparse at the moment.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 3

MayaTlab

1000+ Head-Fier
I guess this is the official thread, then?

I'm wondering if it would be interesting or not to have a common thread for the HX and Portal (although I'm not expecting them to sound similarly and the Portal's entire discussion around the Xbox connectivity is irrelevant to the HX) ?

A video on the HX right there :

I believe that the wear sensors are capacitive and are located here :
Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 10.19.24.png

You can see the little lead plunging into the body of the earcup to join the electronics down there. The other lead is for the inwards mic which is located at the centre right above the drivers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread