Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones)
Jan 23, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #362 of 374
Received my H8i today - first impressions: Very light and compact - soft ear-pads... They are charging right now, so will right more later :)
Looking forward to hearing more about these. I'm looking at either the h8i or the h9i. I currently have h6 gen2 and they are very comfortable for long sessions, so am sure the h9i would work well in that regard. But I like the lighter weight of the h8i and the lower price for sure. Would probably keep my h6 if I got the h8i but would sell them if I got the h9i. Curious about the ANC and isolation the on-ears provide compared to over-ears since I would be looking to use them on a plane quite often.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #363 of 374
The ANC is effective. Used them on the bus and blocks out most of the engine noises and voices.

I’m not sure what Transparency mode is good for? I thought it was a mode like Sony’s ANC headphones where you can select how much noise you want combined with the music. As far as I know it only stops the music but why not just pause the music?

I’m usually more to over-the-ear headphones like the h9i but I was curious to try these due to the long battery life and low weight and they are indeed more comfortable then the old H8. Not sure after many hours but will try to wear them most of the day and see.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #366 of 374
Thanks for the report larzy. Also wondering if you wear glasses?

I recently got glasses again after having laser surgery back in 2012, but I don't wear them much. The H8i is easier to wear if you have glasses compared to over-ear headphones like the H9i, and I can only say after having used the H8i for about a week, that they are much more comfortable then the old H8. There's very little pressure on my ears and the ANC is very effective when you put them on your ears.

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #367 of 374
I recently got glasses again after having laser surgery back in 2012, but I don't wear them much. The H8i is easier to wear if you have glasses compared to over-ear headphones like the H9i, and I can only say after having used the H8i for about a week, that they are much more comfortable then the old H8. There's very little pressure on my ears and the ANC is very effective when you put them on your ears.
How are they more comfortable than the H8? I wear glasses all the time, and usually have my H8s on my head when I'm out. They're some of the most comfortable headphones I've used.

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #368 of 374
How are they more comfortable than the H8? I wear glasses all the time, and usually have my H8s on my head when I'm out. They're some of the most comfortable headphones I've used.

When I had the H8 I found them very warm and not as soft as the H8i - plus the H8i appears on my ears as not so close / they don't put so much pressure on the ears so they become uncomfortable to wear.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #371 of 374
So i dont know if its the shape of my ears or something else, and I think someone else had noted this previously.. but do you notice any thumping when you walk with these headphones and have the ANC on? I feel like its the seal of the earpad breaking during walking and with the ANC on it translates to a loud thump at every step - I've spent a lot more time outdoors walking with these headphones and while the comfort is great and im not noticing much interference with the bluetooth connection the thud thud sound when im walking is getting really annoying/distracting - dont know if this is common to on ear ANC headphones, I've never really experienced anything like this before.

Since im thinking this may have something to do with how the leather pads are sealing the ear, I wonder how the Momentum on ear wireless will fair with their cloth (non-leather) pads.

------------------------------------------
I have the same problem with the Philips Fidelio M2BT, and they don't have any noise canceling, so it doesn't seem like it is the noise canceling feature that is causing this problem, it's something else.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #372 of 374
I was the one (or at least one of the ones) who mentioned it.
Yes. It is very annoying.
Man, I just bought these and came to ask the same question. Absolute dealbreaker for what is otherwise the perfect wireless headphone - to me they sound better the B&W P7W and PX, but the thumping while walking is literally headache-inducing. Back they go.

Has anyone used the H9i? Do they have a similar issue?

May 3, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #373 of 374
Hi there,
is anybody there who using ToneTouch on Beoplay H8? My problem is H8 doesn't remember saved option in ToneTouch so after every turn on I must set ToneTouch again which is annoying. Is it normal or it came with some app or firmware update or my headphones are defective?
Thanks

Dec 15, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #374 of 374
Talk about late to the game...

Bought a pair of unopenned H8i's from ebay two days ago. They haven't arrived.

I have a home gym and always listened to music through a regular speaker system for years. Just started wearing an old pair of Koss Porta Pros (bluetooth) during my weightlifting (used wired Porta Pros when jogging) and it has changed me. It put me on the hunt for something better. I quickly realized the industry seems to have dropped their ON-EAR headphone lines (especially the better manufacturers), ... BeyerDynamic Aventho, Masters & ... (seem to be still selling the MW50+, I think), and these.

I bought a pair of Adidas RPT-02 SOL (scarey is all they talk about for those headphones is the solar charging. They rarely talk about the sound). Really nice industrial design. VERY tight. Sounded muddy at first. Started opening up in sound with time and are now slightly better than Porta Pros. Also, all the tech is newer, i.e. bluetooth 5.2 I'm returning them since I found the Beoplays on eBay.

I sure hope that battery is still working. I emailed B & O and the manufacture date was Nov 2018.

Update.

Beoplay H8i's work flawlessly. Love them. They are holding a charge remarkably well. Much clearer in highs and upper mids than both Porta Pro and Adidas. Glad I spent the extra money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back