Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 22, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #2,551 of 2,875
last November they stole my B & W p7w I had chosen them after careful evaluations between momentum 2.0 OE ... qc35 .... oppo pm3 .... beyerdinamic dt770pro, and p7 wired, I found myself again faced with a choice: which headphone ?!
I resumed studying, and the choice was back on momentum 2.0 this time also wireless, then still wired (which I liked) the qc35 II, the qc25 with bluetooth adapter, and the H4 .... while I studied have emerged the needs :
long-lasting headphones, with great sound quality, with ample soundstage, great imagination, low present but composed, three-dimensional and medium high present, and above all comfortable ..... a "total" headset to keep (I know it will never be so but I was hoping for it).
I almost immediately deleted the wireless because of the quality bt not yet to the height of the cable, but especially because the wireless headphones on the death of the battery as a life cycle also exhaust their life cycle, most of the batteries are not replaceable. and then in this vortex only two come out: the bose qc25 and the H6 (I had not mentioned but were in my heart since the days of the review of "marco") .... at the moment I'm testing the H6 and I have to say that is the best I've ever heard .... the only small note that I would do is a bit in the mids that are present but do not give as much thickness as I would like, even if this helps to create air in the execution.
I know it was interrupted and I was worried about getting spare parts over time: the cables are always available, while the ear cushions are custom-made and the B & O dealer can still order them here ... in any case I hope to find spare parts even with unofficial B & O solutions in the long run
place this I'm considering whether to order qc25 maybe with external adapter bluetooth that makes them almost like qc35 with replaceable batteries and an availability of more available parts than H6 or checkmate holding H6?
what did you recommend?
I apologize for the English that comes from google translate, I'm an Italian eating spaghetti! : D
if you have questions about my essays on other headphones, I will be happy to help you
IMG_3297.jpg

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #2,553 of 2,875
Conflicting statements :relaxed:

Anyway thank you! Might check it out, if a newer cable is more durable.
I'm in camp cables can SOMETIMES make a difference. I mean look, it's not anything significant, but to a relatively sharp and decent pair of ears, it can be distinguishable.

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #2,554 of 2,875
last November they stole my B & W p7w I had chosen them after careful evaluations between momentum 2.0 OE ... qc35 .... oppo pm3 .... beyerdinamic dt770pro, and p7 wired, I found myself again faced with a choice: which headphone ?!
I resumed studying, and the choice was back on momentum 2.0 this time also wireless, then still wired (which I liked) the qc35 II, the qc25 with bluetooth adapter, and the H4 .... while I studied have emerged the needs :
long-lasting headphones, with great sound quality, with ample soundstage, great imagination, low present but composed, three-dimensional and medium high present, and above all comfortable ..... a "total" headset to keep (I know it will never be so but I was hoping for it).
I almost immediately deleted the wireless because of the quality bt not yet to the height of the cable, but especially because the wireless headphones on the death of the battery as a life cycle also exhaust their life cycle, most of the batteries are not replaceable. and then in this vortex only two come out: the bose qc25 and the H6 (I had not mentioned but were in my heart since the days of the review of "marco") .... at the moment I'm testing the H6 and I have to say that is the best I've ever heard .... the only small note that I would do is a bit in the mids that are present but do not give as much thickness as I would like, even if this helps to create air in the execution.
I know it was interrupted and I was worried about getting spare parts over time: the cables are always available, while the ear cushions are custom-made and the B & O dealer can still order them here ... in any case I hope to find spare parts even with unofficial B & O solutions in the long run
place this I'm considering whether to order qc25 maybe with external adapter bluetooth that makes them almost like qc35 with replaceable batteries and an availability of more available parts than H6 or checkmate holding H6?
what did you recommend?
I apologize for the English that comes from google translate, I'm an Italian eating spaghetti! : D
if you have questions about my essays on other headphones, I will be happy to help you
Play with the EQ mids and low mids if possible.

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #2,556 of 2,875
I will try to adjust the mids, but the question remains this: for the future, which headset is more durable and valid to watch movies on Netflix in motion: qc25 or H6?
I prefer open back cans for binge watching. In particular, I choose the Phillips Fidelio X1. I consider the H6 a great all purpose headphone. They should be fine for Netflix. I haven't heard a pair of Bose that knocked my socks off.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #2,558 of 2,875
I prefer open back cans for binge watching. In particular, I choose the Phillips Fidelio X1. I consider the H6 a great all purpose headphone. They should be fine for Netflix. I haven't heard a pair of Bose that knocked my socks off.

never heard the phidelio, you've ever tried the closed sennheiser 598cs? I know they sound similar to h6 but less sophisticated

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,560 of 2,875
I'm still testing the H6 and after being struck by the sharpness of the sound, and comfort, some gaps emerge that lead me to a reflection to the bitter end: 1) I'm not convinced of the medi / treble .... voices appear thin and far compared to the scene. 2) 227 euros are many for a wired portable headset .... and I feel attracted by the many positive reviews on Bose QC35 II are one step away from taking them ... what do you think?

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #2,561 of 2,875
If you need wireless and ANC (active noise cancelling) go for Sony WH-1000MX2 or MX3
QC35 - if you seriously consider them, do try to listen to them. My first encounter with them gave me a kind of "audio vomit" experience. I've tried two times more (thinking I should give them a chance) - but not, still the same rush to get this off my head ASAP.

SQ wise, H6 bests both of them.

If you do not need ANC, but like the idea of wireless, check out Astell & Kern XB10. It still remains one of the best wireless headphone amps with aptx HD and is dirt cheap nowadays.
And it sounds really, really good.

Or let me put it this way, using a graph :wink:

H6+XB10 >>> Sony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vomit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>QC35

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #2,563 of 2,875
If you need wireless and ANC (active noise cancelling) go for Sony WH-1000MX2 or MX3
QC35 - if you seriously consider them, do try to listen to them. My first encounter with them gave me a kind of "audio vomit" experience. I've tried two times more (thinking I should give them a chance) - but not, still the same rush to get this off my head ASAP.

If you do not need ANC, but like the idea of wireless, check out Astell & Kern XB10. It still remains one of the best wireless headphone amps with aptx HD and is dirt cheap nowadays.

H6+XB10 >>> Sony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vomit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>QC35

ahahhaahahha thanks for the answer, because maybe that's what I wanted to hear! because it is impossible to say that H6 sound bad, only that you think that qc 35 II can better. everyone talks about it well. I'm a casual listener, I do not just listen to classical music, or rock or pop, but I also watch movies and series on netflix, and I love the cinematic atmosphere that some sets of headphones can give, not for the surround, but for the 'amplitude of the scene and the definition of the voices, so a thought to bose I was doing. In this also the m2OE were a good set but the scene was too narrow. anyway I do not want to vomit.... I think about it a little better! (I had qc35 1 series and I made them to take oppo pm3 -that they were with too sleeping treble) ... Astell & Kern XB10 ???? I was thinking about earstudio es100 .... A & K sound better? let me know! : D

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #2,564 of 2,875
I'm still testing the H6 and after being struck by the sharpness of the sound, and comfort, some gaps emerge that lead me to a reflection to the bitter end: 1) I'm not convinced of the medi / treble .... voices appear thin and far compared to the scene. 2) 227 euros are many for a wired portable headset .... and I feel attracted by the many positive reviews on Bose QC35 II are one step away from taking them ... what do you think?

If you want best sound from wireless/ANC headphones go B&W PX...
Havent't heard 1000xm3 though.
Bose is comfortable but PX isnt uncomfortable.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #2,565 of 2,875

LOL... I know you may not be the only one that has that low of an opinion of the QC35, but that's always puzzled me. I found them quite pleasant to listen to, from the times I've sampled them (I bought them as a gift for Christmas for a good friend, well, the QC35 II but pretty sure sound sig is identical), though hardly my favorite.

To get back on topic, I'm hoping that the opinions I've seen about the H9i being at least closest to the sound of the H6 of any of the Beoplay Bluetooth cans, ends up true to my ears, as I just ordered an H9i and should be getting it soon. I had the first gen H6, which I thought was superb as far as clarity and detail but I did want just a touch more warmth to the sound, and I think the H9i may give me that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back