Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Apr 3, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #346 of 2,875
It's been what.. maybe 2 weeks since I bought H6 and I can gladly say that they make the perfect combo with my Shozy Alien. No need for an amp and if Alien's not there, I still get a decent sound from my Lumia 1020. The price I paid for both was approx 500 euro and it damn well deserves it :)

So what color are yours and how would you describe the overall sound signature?

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #347 of 2,875
I bought the Blue Stone ones. The 90's Love Affair collection will be available on the 20th of May and I just couldn't wait. Overall they sound very precise meaning giving correct, neutral, clean and wide sound. Perfect for jazz, vocals and classical.

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #349 of 2,875
Hello everyone. I have a question, I love the sound of the H6. And I want to know what sound signature this headphone, so for future reference I know which sound signature I like. Or isn't this as simple as that? Thanks! 

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #350 of 2,875
  Hello everyone. I have a question, I love the sound of the H6. And I want to know what sound signature this headphone, so for future reference I know which sound signature I like. Or isn't this as simple as that? Thanks! 

Well, if you read the reviews, the majority of them claim its a very neutral signature with the bass a bit on the weak side. The pair i demoed was nothing like that, they had an emphasized bass and treble response which caused the mids to sound a bit recessed. These were the red special edition pair so i'm not sure if the normal black and tan models have the same tuning or not.

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #351 of 2,875

Well, if you read the reviews, the majority of them claim its a very neutral signature with the bass a bit on the weak side. The pair i demoed was nothing like that, they had an emphasized bass and treble response which caused the mids to sound a bit recessed. These were the red special edition pair so i'm not sure if the normal black and tan models have the same tuning or not.

What you heard were the DJ Khaled version of the H6.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O66G11Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3PCL7LM4QMWO9&coliid=I4XDQMD0PAU3F&psc=1

They have a significantly V-shaped tuning, unlike the very neutral tuning of the standard version.  B&O is obviously going after the Beats market with these. 
redface.gif

You can easily tell if it is the DJ Khaled version because they say "We The Best" on the top of the headband. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #352 of 2,875

What you heard were the DJ Khaled version of the H6.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O66G11Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3PCL7LM4QMWO9&coliid=I4XDQMD0PAU3F&psc=1

They have a significantly V-shaped tuning, unlike the very neutral tuning of the standard version.  B&O is obviously going after the Beats market with these. 
redface.gif

You can easily tell if it is the DJ Khaled version because they say "We The Best" on the top of the headband. 
rolleyes.gif

Yeh thats  what i originally thought but it didnt have those words on top of the headband and they were not the same color. The dj khaled version is red and black, the ones i tried were red and grey the same as the graphite blush model. I compared them to the ones pictured on the box and they looked the same. Its almost like the dj khaled version drivers had been put in the special edition earcups. I'm tempted to order a pair of the dj khaled ones just to confirm my theory lol.

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #355 of 2,875
HifiGuy, sorry this is a bit offtopic and I have no answer to your question (although the people that heard the DJ Kaled version found the bass kind of muddy), but which sound do you prefer? The K845 or the H6? I know you tried them both in your portable videos. 

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #356 of 2,875
Does the DJ Khaled have more bass than standard without messing with the rest of the sound signature?  I love the standard H6, but wish it had a bit more bass.

The model i heard had quite an emphasized bass. If you've ever heard the custom one pro its fairly similar to that on the 3rd bass port setting imo. its much more of a V shaped signature, the mids sound recessed due to the emphasized bass and treble.

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #358 of 2,875
I have the graphite blush edition of the H6 (have been using it since last October) and frankly, I never felt that it has a V-shaped sound signature.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #360 of 2,875
Just a question. Does $400 has the same value for americans, as €400 has for europeans? I am asking this because people say that for $400 this headphone is quite good value. (Some people say that). But when Americans earn more than europeans (in regard to eur or dollar), then it is different. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back