Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs - A Newer & MORE POWERFUL Sith Lord Emerges??
Nov 28, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #121 of 432
  How are the HD 598 CS on female and male vocals? Can anyone that have them comment on them? 

Blurry, 

I have a ton of music with male & female vocals. As far as I can tell, the Cs does an EXCELLENT job of rendering both of them. Some of the bands that I listen to a lot that have female vocalists include Fleetwood Mac, Garbage, and others. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #122 of 432

Blurry, 

I have a ton of music with male & female vocals. As far as I can tell, the Cs does an EXCELLENT job of rendering both of them. Some of the bands that I listen to a lot that have female vocalists include Fleetwood Mac, Garbage, and others. 

Sounds promising. Can't wait till mine arrives on Dec 14th. Shopping from overseas sucks on Black Friday. I listen to a ton of Japanese, Korean females and lots of Rock. Sold my AKG K271 yesterday to fund these

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #123 of 432

Sounds promising. Can't wait till mine arrives on Dec 14th. Shopping from overseas sucks on Black Friday. I listen to a ton of Japanese, Korean females and lots of Rock. Sold my AKG K271 yesterday to fund these

Yeah that sux that you gotta wait but it'll be worth it! 

That's cool. Those look nice, but hopefully you'll enjoy the Cs more. Feel free to post your thoughts and/or a review here (or a link to a separate thread if you so choose). 

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #124 of 432
  I bought the HD 598 Cs for $99 on black friday, currently waiting for them to arrive. There´s a lot of reviews on Amazon talking trash about the headphones, im starting to worry S:

Just out of curiosity I went to 598SE amazon product page, scrolled back to november 2015 reviews, where these were offered for 99$ at the time. Guess what? A plethora of one-three star reviews trashing 598SE! I believe there's a logic in this :)

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #125 of 432
Yeah that sux that you gotta wait but it'll be worth it! 

That's cool. Those look nice, but hopefully you'll enjoy the Cs more. Feel free to post your thoughts and/or a review here (or a link to a separate thread if you so choose). 

Definately will give a thought after i get em. I cant wait till i use these to play FFXV

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #127 of 432
  Just out of curiosity I went to 598SE amazon product page, scrolled back to november 2015 reviews, where these were offered for 99$ at the time. Guess what? A plethora of one-three star reviews trashing 598SE! I believe there's a logic in this :)

I do my best to avoid amazon for reviews in general. Judging by that site, the ATH-M50X would be the greatest headphone ever produced. Sure, you put it up against Beats and Skullcandy and they'll sound a bit more neutral.
Compare them to Senns/Beyers/AKG's in the same price range and they'll start sounding very v-shaped in comparison, with booming bass, metallic treble and congested soundstage. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #128 of 432

Wow really?! Good find GoodBoy! 

There's no logic. lol People need to get a life. I saw one brand new review on there for the Cs where the guy's reason for rating it poorly was the Cs didn't have detachable cables. Huh?!! lol

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #129 of 432
  I do my best to avoid amazon for reviews in general. Judging by that site, the ATH-M50X would be the greatest headphone ever produced. Sure, you put it up against Beats and Skullcandy and they'll sound a bit more neutral.
Compare them to Senns/Beyers/AKG's in the same price range and they'll start sounding very v-shaped in comparison, with booming bass, metallic treble and congested soundstage. 

EvenR, 

Yeah no kidding! The majority of the bad reviews on there for the Cs are a joke! 

Haha yeah..........but they still suck even against those 2. lol 

Yeah..........my old AKG K550 (as well as my current Cs) are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the M50X. It's not even a fair comparison. lol

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #130 of 432

EvenR, 

Yeah no kidding! The majority of the bad reviews on there for the Cs are a joke! 

Yeah..........my old AKG K550 (as well as my current Cs) are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the M50X. It's not even a fair comparison. lol

Yep. I compared the M50X with HD598SE and found exactly what i describe above.

You think Beats and Skullcandy are better? I don't really care, but it's just been my overall impression, that average consumer headphones like this, have atomic bomb bass, which overpowers everything else. The last headphone i tried of this kind, was my sisters glorious and golden B&O H6. It sounds like a nuclear war is happening outside a small tin can. Booming mud puddle with no transparency whatsoever. In comparison to this, i think what people like about the M50X's is that their treble is emphasized a bit more, which provides people with an impression of more detail.

But again, compared to actual good and close-to-neutral headphones, they leave a lot to be desired. Looking forward to get my HD598CS in a couple of days!
beyersmile.png

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #131 of 432
  Yep. I did compared the M50X with HD598SE and found exactly what i describe above.

You think Beats and Skullcandy are better? I don't really care, but it's just been my overall impression, that average consumer headphones like this, have atomic bomb bass, which overpowers everything else. The last headphone i tried of this kind, was my sisters glorious and golden B&O H6. It sounds like a nuclear war is happening outside a small tin can. Booming mud puddle with no transparency whatsoever. In comparison to this, i think what people like about the M50X's is that their treble is emphasized a bit more, which provides people with an impression of more detail.

Nice. 

Huh? F NO! lol Where did I say I thought Beats and Skullcandy were better? 

You're prob right with ALL of what you just said. Well I started this thread with my review of the 2nd Gen H6 vs. the Cs, so yeah, I know what's what. I actually loved the H6 overall, but the extra breathing room provided by the bigger and more-aptly shaped ear cups of the Cs give my songs the EXTRA breathing room the H6s simply couldn't. They really should be labeled on-ear b/c after a while I realized they most certainly BARELY passed as over-ear, and I don't have big ears either.

The only other headphones I think can really match these are my former AKG K550s. Those were the first headphones I ever really loved, and the ones (third in succession) that GUARANTEED my getting into Hi-Fi as much as I have. I feel the bass level on them is great, but I actually realize now they could use a BIT more bass like what the Cs offers. I had to use Bass Boost somewhat often with the K550s, but the Cs never needs it. There's actually a small number of tracks I have to EQ the bass DOWN for them to sound right. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #132 of 432

This? Ooh, you meant the 598SE and 598CS? I get it. 
biggrin.gif

Well I started this thread with my review of the 2nd Gen H6 vs. the Cs, so yeah, I know what's what. I actually loved the H6 overall, but the extra breathing room provided by the bigger and more-aptly shaped ear cups of the Cs give my songs the EXTRA breathing room the H6s simply couldn't. They really should be labeled on-ear b/c after a while I realized they most certainly BARELY passed as over-ear, and I don't have big ears either.

I've only listened to H6 first Gen, and didn't like them. I can't say if the 2nd Gen is improved. They might not sound the same at all.

I had to use Bass Boost somewhat often with the K550s, but the Cs never needs it. There's actually a small number of tracks I have to EQ the bass DOWN for them to sound right. 

Don't like the sound of that. How's the Cs bass compared to the M50X? I'd be fine if the Cs has a little more than the 598SE, but not to a point where it has to be EQ'ed down.

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #134 of 432
  This? Ooh, you meant the 598SE and 598CS? I get it. 
biggrin.gif

I've only listened to H6 first Gen, and didn't like them. I can't say if the 2nd Gen is improved. They might not sound the same at all.

Don't like the sound of that. How's the Cs bass compared to the M50X? I'd be fine if the Cs has a little more than the 598SE, but not to a point where it has to be EQ'ed down.

Everyone pretty much thinks the 2nd Gen H6s sound better in every way. At least that's what I've gathered. Most say they DO NOT sound the same, but close. Def more bass on the 2nd Gen. 

I only have to EQ it down on a TINY # of songs, so to me it's insignificant. I think I'm prob pickier than most on that too. Compared to the M50X? From what I remember, the bass on the M50X was muddy where that is most def NOT the issue with the Cs' bass level. I've found that MANY agree with me on that statement. The M50X also had like ZERO soundstage. I mean, it was pathetic in that dept. lol Sounded like I was listening to music inside a tiny airtight bubble. lol 

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #135 of 432
So I received my b&o h6 1st gen and I love them just as I had anticipated. They sound really great with vocals and have pretty decent soundstage. Guitars sound great on them, bass is punchy and not overpowering. I think my hm5 could be dethroned because my hm5s although amazing for jazz and neutrality just isn't as engaging as these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back