Bang & Olufsen A8's
Mar 11, 2007 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

WadeBeger

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I picked up these yesturday, and now after looking for reviews, (haha, too late) I've noticed these receive alot of flak.

I'm a bit of a B&O fan, so I knew I would be paying more for their brand essentially, however I just wish to see now (that's it's too late >_>) if these are decent earphones?

It's so confusing, because some people have said they're worse than Apple Ipod's stock, and some people rate them rather highly O_o.

I suppose my problem is, although I'm an avid listener of music, I'm not really much of an audiophile (yet..).

Any discussion appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Wade

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 4
b+o-no.jpg

^NO

For a start, dont wear them how the oh-so-lovely B&O manual tells you to. They sound lifeless thin sucked out and quite frankly rubbish when they fire into the side of yoru head that way.

b+o-yes.jpg

^YES

Wear them thusly, with the earbud facing down into your ear canal, a comfortable snug fit is much easier with the foam covers ont he earpieces. Wear them this way, especially if they fit well, which given how readily adjustable they are, they should, and suddenly a whole world of bass and imaging will appear.

Youll look more like your wearing 2 hands free kits, but its worth it.

They were also my first noticable introduction to physical burn in. They open out noticably over about the first 50 hours of use.

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 4
They can sound very good (well.. maybe not for the price since the PK1/2 were out)
Most people that says it sounds horrible don't know how to put it on properly..
You have to play around with the positioning and when you hit it you'll know

Mar 11, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Good fitting is very important. They are as good as Sennheiser MX90vc, which is the best earbuds in current Sennheiser's production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back