banana stands
Feb 5, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by joomongj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blame? Care to explain why I should be blamed for such an act? Oh wait a sec, I forgot head-fi was private forums. Oooops.

Oh sorry, I'm not to great at revealing the sarcasm in some of my posts
frown.gif
I did not mean to offend. I just think it is silly when people do get worked up when someone revives an older thread. In a way, I was making fun of those kinds of people. Again, only intention in that post was humor, nothing more. Please accept my sincerest apologies
redface.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by joomongj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blame? Care to explain why I should be blamed for such an act? Oh wait a sec, I forgot head-fi was a private forum. Oooops.

Yes, shame on you for posting in a thread that was meant for posting in!

I must say that the suspended headphone pipe-dealie seems a little... Well, unnecessary-- at least for my needs. I like a stand that I can slide or half-lift the headphone off of, whereas that you have to completely lift off and then worry about it swinging back and forth and smacking you in the noggin!

The R and T stands from Woo Audio are by far the mass production preference in terms of the actual build helping to support the longevity of your headphone band, although the H stands are cheap and effective for most headphones, some don't fair too well with its high and thin bar balance. The HE-5s will not fit on an H stand unless elevated by something as small as its base or propped up on the support beams, which is even worse for the headband.

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #33 of 41
Love my BB&B banana stands for 10 bones each. I've got five so far. You just grab a pair of pliers and bend the hook downward a few degrees to accomodate a large assortment of headphones. Cheap, good lookings, light weight. I like them.

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #35 of 41
why not just make 1 it would be pretty easy to make and kill a couple of hours on a rainy day

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #36 of 41
Naive me, I hadn't been aware of "banana stands" - our family has never used this sort of thing, even for bananas. I certainly like some of the examples shown here. However, I already have an excellent Koss headphone stand, so....

Under the conditions, maybe I should buy another headphone...

Feb 5, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #37 of 41
Anyone know where to get good ones in UK (not IKEA as that's miles from me)?

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #38 of 41
I have two banana stands right now, but I am having a friend do a custom job for me: two stands, that hold three headphones each.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #41 of 41
i got mine from a close by Walmart for around 3$ each. which are sold in the Banana kiosk.
heres some pics of them in my Entertainment centre

^^all taken with an old Nikon Coolpix S4.
The Stands are decent, and not too cheap looking. but it is a 2 piece Plastic. hooks and the base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back