Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
# 9721 Washingtonian Blvd.
#
# Gaithersburg, MD
# 20878 USA
# 1-301-590-3003
# Fax: 1-301-590-2722

I got a 2 br suite. It's almost 700 sq ft. That should be more than big enough, I'd think. There should be more than enough room for 20-30 people, plus a quiet room for open headphones. We'll just be creative. And this way, we could do food and beverages for the after party and pre parties.

OK.... I've got the TomTom programmed for the Residence Inn Gaithersburg and the Calendar marked for the 2nd
tongue.gif

Can bring a couple Millet Max's, Mod'd Tosh SD-3950, Mod'd Samsung HD-841 (SACD), and 5.5 IPOD Video w/MP3 Rips. Senn HD-580 & HD-201 Phones. Some CD and SACD discs for music content too!

..........Looking forward to trying out some higher end Cans so I can get rid of Bush's Rebate Check to keep the Economy humming along!
biggrin.gif

By the way Grawk, if I remember right, I believe your Denon 2900 is SACD capable also....

Checked Yahoo Maps - its only 99mi from here! Does that stll count as "DC"?
Of course, that is a lot closer than FL, CA, & NY.....
redface.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #78 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is correct, if TooleAudio ever finishes my denon, it'll be available for sacd testing in gaithersburg

Looking forward to hearing your 2900! I've considered getting a Denon 2910 to tweak or an OPPO. Having a chance to hear a tweaked Denon would push me over the edge.
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #79 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have my ticket. Where are all the dc folks? I'm ready for a meet
redface.gif

good question!! maybe they are too timid to cavort with the florida posse.

a meet we shall have!

Jun 29, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #80 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good question!! maybe they are too timid to cavort with the florida posse.

a meet we shall have!

But as you well know, we take our gear quite seriously and are mostly well-behaved during meets. Cavorting is both optional and avoidable.

Are you or hirsch bringing R10s? I'd prefer not to travel with mine if I don't have to. I'm only bringing one or two headphones and a portable rig.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #81 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you or hirsch bringing R10s? I'd prefer not to travel with mine if I don't have to. I'm only bringing one or two headphones and a portable rig.

r10 -- no problem. i can bring mine. stock, single ended.

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #84 of 241
blah...got some cash today for the big day. dc is looking mighty nice right now but i gotta figure out some stuff tomo at school and see if i can take my final earlier.

i was thinking of getting either the 650s again or just the sr 60s to hold me over until i can spend mucho grande dinares on a balanced setup next year or so but now with the sarasota meet just in the bag i kinda want to keep the ball rolling. guess ill know by tomorrow if im getting a pair of headphones or coming to dc as part of team florida for some more fanboy antics. perhaps i could be formally inducted into team florida at the nations capital.
smily_headphones1.gif

starting to look like you are going to get a nice turnout grawk. gonna be a shame if i have to miss it =/

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #85 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap, Florida is coming... forget it I am out. Can't take all of you fanboys and your fanboy antics
wink.gif

I am a fanperson, thank you very much.
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #88 of 241
Whoa! R10s and Stax! Can't wait.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #89 of 241
Is it too late to count me and my friend in? I've got a pair of iM716's (with the 30gig Zune), Sony V6's, soon to be Go-Vibe Petite, and my cousin's HD600; my friend has a pair of HD580's and a CMoy.

Edit: Might also bring the Monica 2 if anybody's mildly interested... or not interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back